I-Empire review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Angels & Airwaves: I-Empire

The sound is unique in its own sort of way and it varies with different songs. It was pretty cool how they make all of the instruments blend into eachother to get this sort of effect to it. There's a lot of synthesizers and effects that they have put in the music just to change it up a bit. So really they have more of a popish alternative rock sound.

The lyrics are pretty good but sometimes repetitive but all in all they were written well. The lyrics blend in awesomely with the music itself so like I said about the instruments all blending together his voice blends in with it all too. Tom's voice has came along way from Blink 182 and people may say that his voice has gotten whiny and gay but I believe he has actually gotten better.

My most favourite song from the album is Heaven. I think it was peaced together very well and it has a strong meaning to it. The only thing that I honestly did not like about this album is the Anthem Pt. 2 rip off with Everything's Magic. It wasn't very creative on there part by just adding one extra note. I really enjoy this album and it's one that I can listen to over and over again and still enjoy it the same way I did when I first got it. Sometimes I'll say I like Plus 44 better then AVA just because they have a blinkish sound to them but at the end of the day when I listen to the two albums I can honestly say to myself that I like AVA better. And if someone were to steal it I would probably buy a new copy and if I ever found the guy who stole it I'd punch him in the face.

jarretto
    +44 couldnt dream of writing a record as good as this or AVA's last one. lyrically, no contest. same as musically tom and the other guys in AVA have written some of the best lyrics ever written
    J-rich777
    First album I could listen to forever, but this album is one 40 minute song. I like Call To Arms and Secret Crowds but thats it.
    bassanio
    why wont people get over blink breaking up and realise that angels and airwaves are actually really talented and innovative. i empire is better than we dont need to whisper,so their getting better and better! im confident that they'll conquer all ya'll haters hearts.
    Killerlicks66
    Tom delogne got a fu**in signature guitar from gibson because he made a bunch of teenage girls and emos cry, i would luv to see travis barker stick a drumstick up his sorry faggot ass!
    FlapJack85
    AVA7714 wrote: Oh and as far as Blink getting back together...keep dreaming. You can see from both bands that that's never gonna happen.
    they just did... :/ but i like both AVA and blink-182!! but +44 kinda blows cuz mark's voice is too flat and boring and their music sounds like some shitty wannabie punksters. Sorry but Mark and Travis need Tom!!
    ChiliMyAss
    cbrockel wrote: I can't believe one of the reviewers said (+44) were better than AVA. How does generic, four chord "punk" rock garner a place over actual instrumentation and lyrics that preach something everyone can get behind? (+44)'s album is boring...I gave it one listen and found all the songs were depressing and ran together.
    Exactly this! Listen to this and their last album as a new band. don't compare it to blink and you'll love it! I personally like AvA more than +44.. I (unlike some people) like when bands changed and try different things and AvA did just that. This music gives you an awesome message a long with incredible music. I love mark and travis but I feel like they played it kind of safe with +44.
    awisinger
    I think that this CD, I-Empire was a good CD but I loved the Whisper CD way more. I liked having those intros and the music on this one was good but Everything's Magic was definilty meant for the radio which isn't bad but I loved the first AVA album because I felt more with the music. I know that sounds lame but when I first heard those songs, they really stuck with me and I know where I was and who i was with. I love the sound of AVA and I'm hoping now that blink is back, they can mix some of the AVA style in their new stuff.