Love review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Feb 14, 2010
Angels & Airwaves: Love

When Angels & Airwaves first came together as a band, this CD is basically what they described themselves as. Super long cinematic breaks, the fusion of psychedelic and punk, and epic music. Hard to think it took 3 albums, but with this album they had something they didn't previously---Freedom! 'Love' has been released free of charge to the public, and out of the hands of the music studios. Thats the freedom! The other albums, you can tell the studios got a hold of them. This one is just so much more creative and listenable. The bands sound has finally reached its pinnacle I think. And it's sounds great compared to previous albums, but as far as changing rock and roll... I don't think they're the next Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones. The sound overall is great compared to bands around today, and above average for sure. A lot of synthesizers, delay, and reverb make their almost identical U2 sound. The long break and psychedelics give them the pink floyd sound. And the punk riffs give that ole Blink/Boxcar Racer feel. The album is also the score and backbone of a movie coming out with the same title. Very creative and unique these days. Overall this is the best effort put out by DeLonge and AvA.

The lyrics are the worst part of the album. Not saying they're bad, but at some points DeLonge's choice of words are just childish it seems. But then at some points the words are so deep and meaningful! So it goes back and forth with the lyrics... 'The flight of Apollo' is a great example of deep lyrics. Just about all songs have deep/bad lyrics mixed with each other. Delonges voice is absolutely perfect though for this style of music. It fades in and out just right when he knows he should. He knows when to use his rasp, and when to use his high pitched cries at just the right times.

By far the best Angels & Airwaves album out, and it's free, so i think this is one of the best deals around. Good music for free! Sign me up! Strong tracks will suck you in like "The moon atomic (...fragment and fiction)" (yes, thats the song name!), "shove", "the flight of apollo", and "some orgins of fire". Weaker tacks wont as much, but will grow on you if you listen to album a few times. I didn't really like "clever love", and now I'm singing it everyday! "Hallucinations" is about as weak as it gets. Its just boring and doesn't really grab you too well. Love the long breaks and synthesizers! Hate the almost identical U2 sound at times! I definitely would recommend this album for anyone, for the fact that its free! If you had to buy it, I'd tell you to. It's just so much more deep and fulfilling than other music today! Would definitely spend the $ to buy it, and I'm going to when the CD comes to support a good Album, and a good band!

Compy01
    There are no consistency in these reviews. I personally think the lyrics on 'LOVE' are an improvement on the last two albums and some of Mr. DeLonge's finest.
    webbyness
    Pretty useless reviews. LOVE isn't nearly as good as the last two albums. In my opinion, WDNTW is their best album. I-Empire is a far second. LOVE is way too generic. Tom's lyrics are anything but deep or clever. The lyrics are bland. The guitar work is overdone and even annoying at times. I feel like they just tried too hard. The electronic influence is incredibly detrimental to the overall record. WDNTW was great because the lyrics were solid and the instrumentation was on point.