Love review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Feb 14, 2010
Angels & Airwaves: Love

The band, as we all know shoots for a larger than life atmospheric sound which they nail to perfection on all 3 albums. Love's sound follows the lead of I-Empire staying on the lighter side of emotion, but they add some of the heaviest riffs they've ever had on some of Love (Young London, Some Origins Of Fire). You must follow the story of the album to understand the music completely. Not one song is weak, if you can catch the message presented by the entire package as a whole. AVA sets out to deliver a message with each of its albums and Love packs a very powerful punch. I, like Tom, challenge you to find the meaning for yourself, once you do, this album will completely blow your mind.

Tom's voice is in perfect harmony with the music at all times. The melodies he creates with his voice intertwine and push along with the music to really drive every song and its listener to new heights of inspiration and hope. Some people might have described Tom's choice of words as childish at some points, but you have to understand that that is what he is shooting for. He is trying to capture the essence of what it's like when you're a child. Imagine how great life would be if we could understand things they way we do now with the pureness and positive way of looking at them as a children do. No word is out of place on Love, the words were more than carefully chosen to display exactly what Tom is trying to portray.

I downloaded this album for free, like everyone else, but as soon as I can buy an actual CD I will. Listen to the whole thing through completely a few times, you need all the songs in the right order to really feel the message and the vibe. I think the overall message is astounding, if you fail to find it, you're really missing out. This is stuff that could truly be life changing to some if taken right. Tom speaks of life a lot on all 3 Albums but never does his philosophy come through stronger and clearer than on Love. Don't let the name fool you, this album isn't boy loves girl mushy gooey songs, but a greater love, the truest love, and the understanding of Love. Thank you AVA for creating an album about life for life that changes lives, I know you've changed mine and inspired me to do so much more with my own life. kyle delnegro

disembodied
    SGplayer1991 wrote: I'm not a huge AVA fan...mainly cuz I was mad at Tom for making Blink break up but this album was good..I liked maybe 3 songs before but this album was pretty good
    making blink break up? u serious?? tom wanted to spend time with his family and mark wanted to tour. and what does mark do? says. "its either the band or ur family" mark threatened tom with the idea of if stayed and spent time with his family he was kicked out of the band. so it wasnt tom. it was mark. watch teh AVA documentary.
    garret.wilk
    Took time to grow on me but its a pretty slick album. Naturally, similar to the first two albums but when your sound is that unique, its kind of hard not to sound like the other stuff you've written.