Love: Part Two review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Nov 11, 2011
Angels & Airwaves: Love: Part Two

"Love: Part Two" is the fourth studio album by Angels & Airwaves. The album is the second Part of the "Love" project including two studio albums and a movie, also entitled "LOVE". It is also the last album to feature former drummer Atom Willard. Tom DeLonge, (Singer/Guitarist) often stated that this record is better than the first part of Love and that it is the best "Angels" record yet. But as you know, almost every musician feels that way about his new creation. To describe "Love: Part II" I use some lyrics from the song "Dry Your Eyes": "I can't complain / It's been good not great". The record is still quiet enjoyable and I think that there is not one bad song on this record BUT there's a bit to much melody-recycling on Tom's part, but I'm gonna get to that later. Angels & Airwaves don't break much new ground here but it's fine that way because they stick to what they are. 01. "Saturday Love": Best way to start this record. Got a quite long intro but then picks up really quickly as every AVA Intro-song does. The Chorus is very catchy! 02. "Surrender": Not a bad song at all! It actually deserves a 10 but I caught myself singing: "Cars crash through the streets The west end waves break city heats The east coast storms fill in the sky Winter weekends Cold, unbearable Life's so terrible" in the Chorus. Hey, wait! that's "Some Origins Of Fire" isn't it? Yup, Tom took the exact same melody an that what's bugs me a little bit about this song. 03. "Anxiety": Best song AVA has ever made! Kind of reminds me of "Hallucinations". It just has the same vibe. My favourite! 04. "Heroine (It's Not Over)": And Tom does it again... The song starts off SO WELL but when he sings: "She takes my hand and leads me in/it is not over" it is the exact same melody as the chorus of "Anxiety". Not bad, but I just don't get what Tom was thinking when he put this song right after "Anxiety". 05. "Moon As My Witness": "Oh please stay a while god, love your smile". Very mellow song but I'm always listening to it in the car. Gives me goosebumps. 06. "Dry Your Eyes": Starts off f--king amazing and doesn't lose it's appeal. In some way I don't think the chorus is catchy enough but it's still a good song. Reminds me of "Everything's Magic". 07. "The Revelator": The verses are a little weak but the chorus makes up for it! Still not very memorable. 08. "One Last Thing": I absolutely love this song. The beginning sounds like it could've been on "Neighborhoods" by Blink-182. The Chorus is just so amazing. I love it. 09. "Inertia": Sounds like Blink-182. The synths in the verses even sound a little like "Snake Charmer". 10. "Behold A Pale Horse": Not a bad song but maybe it needs to grow on me. I don't think it's very memorable. 11. "All That We Are": Slow ending. I haven't listened to it that much but yet again, perhaps it needs to grow on me.

The lyrics are great as always. Due to the fact that I'm not a native speaker they aren't really that important to me, but I think Tom really grew as a songwriter and lyricalist. Tom has been known for his bad live performances but of course that's not an issue on the record. His voice sounds like it did on "Neighborhoods" and for me that's a good thing.

In the end you can't say that this album is better than the other records... It is just as good! The most impressive songs would be: "Saturday Love" "Anxiety" "Dry Your Eyes" "One Last Thing" "Inertia" At the moment I just know the leak of it but I already pre-ordered the record and if it were stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again because this record needs to be on your CD shelf if you're an AVA fan. If you liked the previous efforts of AVA you propably will like this record too but if you hated them you should stay away from "Love: Part Two".

Charvel1030
    Superperfex
    I love this album. You're more than welcome to neg me all you want and bash me for loving it, but **** off. I have a right to like it.
    Denjario
    SandeshDeLonge
    Tom..Please Focus on Blink 182 rather than AVA..Though AVA is nice but still i preger Blink. 182.
    GoGo182
    A good record, Not the best but the most complete of the band. Delonge show us that we should listen to AvA and not to Blink now...
    intothe
    Too much repetition indeed! This man has put out 3 records in 2 years (Love, Love Pt 2 and Neighborhoods), he should have taken on less projects and instead focused on one thing. He needs some time to find that creativity again. Anxiety and Heroine are close behind. I just can't listen to many of the other that repeat melodies, they're too lazy! Now after a few listens, I find Inertia to be the best song by far on this record. Anxiety and
    Gnugash
    At first i read "Angels and Microwaves" which intrigued me... I was disappointed
    Kameliasz
    duncang, have you really been listening to the same Love: Part Two album as me? I think that you've grabbed some fanmade cover album with all the awesomeness being cut.
    Vash_15
    Tom DeLonge needs to have his throat cut out. He's an awful singer and a mediocre guitarist. How he's accomplished as much as he has is beyond me.
    BigSpence
    Charvel1030 wrote: I think the melody repetition is due to the fact that these records are concept albums of sorts. Many concept albums repeat melodies or themes to tie things together. AVA's sound is cool. Its very uplifting and makes me feel good. People compare it to U2's sound which I can see to an extent because there is alot of delay and heavy effects on the music. However I dont get the same feeling listening to U2 as I do listening to AVA. I use to be a big U2 fan, up to Joshua Tree, but thier later stuff hasnt done much for me.
    Exactly. Coheed and Cambria's Good Apollo I uses the exact same song on two different tracks, they just change up a few parts, because it's a concept album. I'm talking about The Writing Writer and The Telling Truth.
    Natrone
    By not paying attention to AVA for a really long time (until last summer) I was able to skip out on all of the Tom talking up the band hype. In that light, the first two AVA albums are fantastic, and I-Empire is one my favorite albums I've ever listened to. Everything went downhill with Love though. Not the kind of music I want to listen to.
    LedHotZepPepper
    Loved their first album. Second one was decent. These two Love albums are horrible though...the lyrics are lame and his vocals are getting worse. Tom wrote his best lyrics while on Vicodin...maybe he should try smoking more pot or something?
    Twofly
    Yeah...um Tom please stop all this shit and focus on blink...this load of crap is CLEARLY not working!
    Cavalcade
    "X was great! Y was great! I loved Z..." The second review didn't make me want to listen to this album at all, which is the whole point of a positive review. Say what you will about the ratings, but the first review was a hell of a lot better-written.
    med1616
    Best worst album of the last 10 years....so bad i freaking love it!
    vppark2
    i love ppl on these websites critisizing spelling errors for no reason and have to have every word b spelled correctly...buncha trolls
    vppark2
    vppark2 wrote: Denjario wrote: vppark2 wrote: ok i thot the review was great and all on some parts, but a 3.7 overall, rly UG? why so low wen u dnt think this is a horrible album? i honestly love this album and the 1st 1, but there is a lot of repetition, so idt i will remember most of the songs...but judging by the review tht was rly the only bad thing u guys mention, so i dnt c y u guys woud give it so low, at least a 6, come on guys You have a right to your opinion... Just please express it somewhere away from a keyboard where you'll do less damage to the written word. OH YOURRREE FUNNY, MR TUFF GUY CAN TYPE EVERYTHING OH SO SUPER DUPER GREAT...lol who cares im gettin my point out there with some spelling errors but tht honestly doesnt matter, k?
    like honestly y do u care? this isnt a spelling grammer test