We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

AVA definitly brings the Tom DeLonge sound. With hints of blink and Box Car Racer (which Tom plays "Down" and "There Is" at live shows), Angels will definitly sound just as good live as the CD does. There is some extra keyboard and synth sounds, and it could be somewhat hard to do all that as far as a live show. It's good to see Tom back with something, and with what I've heard with their "musical masterpiece in progress", I don't think Plus 44 will be as good.

"Your a thief and a witch but I love you to death, you steal my heart and curse under your breath" is just a piece of the song "Do It For Me Now", which is definitly one of my favorite songs on the CD. These songs are beautifully written by Tom and Company.

I don't think this album can compare to anything blink, or Box Car. You can definitly hear hints of both in the music, but being a huge fan of blink as I was, I can say that I love AVA, and I'm glad Tom has had the time to open up creativly, and do more now than he did with blink. As far as I'm concerned, Mark and Travis are dead to me now. AVA is all there is left.

DelongeFootwear
    To all the people who say this is not the best album in the last 20 years....then what is the best album? as far as im concerned, this album is the best album in the last 2 decades. Its different, it stands out of the hardcore/emo crowd and everything on tv. lets see 20 years ago was 1986. i did a search for top albums during this era, and the only thing that was "revolutionary" as Tom says his band is (which it is) is Nirvanas Nevermind . everything else was just like everything else played on tv. nothing special. so unless you can give me a revolutionary album in the last 20 years, you dont know what youre talking about and have opinions with no back up.
    tim_a33
    Well first of all, I would just like to say that thiis band is pretty good. The band's new album is about war and trajedies and just to show Tom's feelings about whats going on right now. The album is not about aliens at all an sure "The Adventure" is a futuristic song but it talks about escaping your past and opening up your eyes to the future and they obviously thought that the futuristic theme would go in there well. This album isnt the "BEST" album in 20 years but it is CERTAINLY one of the best albums in 20 years. If there was a top ten AvA would probably come in on at least 3 or 4 in my opinion. Out of the 3 blink 182 artists Tom was the more serious one maybe but none of them were serious because they would always ROCK OUT HARD!!!! Well so if this album seems nothing like blink's crazy ass attitude maybe the next one will. I also think this band is WAY FU***** BETTER THEN PLUS 44 |_|/.
    Kwokinator
    DelongeFootwear wrote: To all the people who say this is not the best album in the last 20 years....then what is the best album? as far as im concerned, this album is the best album in the last 2 decades. Its different, it stands out of the hardcore/emo crowd and everything on tv. lets see 20 years ago was 1986. i did a search for top albums during this era, and the only thing that was "revolutionary" as Tom says his band is (which it is) is Nirvanas Nevermind. everything else was just like everything else played on tv. nothing special. so unless you can give me a revolutionary album in the last 20 years, you dont know what youre talking about and have opinions with no back up.
    i think guns n roses - appetite for destruction was made in 1987. That album definatley beats we don't need to whisper
    inert_man
    Try some of these: U2 - The Joshua Tree Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual Nirvana - Nervermind Pearl Jam - Ten Soundgarden - Superunknown Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
    the_deviant
    ^ I respect your choices but AVA is new music this is all "Class" stuff. AVA brought something knew to the table, and anyway this only the beginning!
    boyan89
    k what the heel why would they put Parental Advisory only for two swear words god
    DelongeFootwear
    were any of those revolutionary?...i like all these bands, im just stating the point that AVA is different and revolutionary. 1.guns n roses can be compared to similar bands like aerosmith 2.Janes Addiction rock, but nothing too special. 3.Nirvana-i totally agree with this. AVA is the new nirvana. 4.Pearl Jam-copied nirvana, i love pearl jam though. 5.Soundgarden-part of the grunge movement, copy of nirvana 6.Smashing Pumpkins-alongside nirvana. 7.Nine Inch Nails- 8.RHCP- is just straight up rock, nothing new. 9.U2-i agree with this too, U2 set the standard i think for the succesfullness of a worldwide stadium rock band. Now im not dissing or trashing any of these bands, i have all these albums, and i understand your point of view, but AVA is uncomparable to anything. Elements of U2 are used, but this is a totally different sound for this generation. agree?
    Down
    DelongeFootwear, you said this was the greatest album in the past two decades. What about Master of Puppets? Or Reign In Blood? Come Clarity, Hypnotize/Mezmerize, Dance of Death, American Idiot, Blink 182, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, On An Island, Toxicity, the list goes on and on. Anyone who makes a claim that something is the greatest obviously doesn't listen to everything, because there is ALWAYS something better, and always an argument for top spot.
    Down
    Kowkinator, I HIGHLY doubt there's only ONE song over a minute. Valkyrie Missle is 6 1/2 and The Adventure is well over a minute as well, and I bet there wont be a single song on that album, unless its an interlude, under 2 minutes.
    Down
    And finally, why the HELL is everyone posting reviews for a CD that hasn't even come out yet, and therefore no one except maybe Tom Delonge himself has a real, finished copy. If you want to actually review this, pick it up on the 23rd, THEN b*tch or brown-nose.
    DelongeFootwear
    Down, i said this was the greatest album in the past 2 decadesand its a revolution. and to your albums to this arguement, american idiot is not a revolution, but a revival of punk along with blink, MCR is deff not a great album neither is SOAD nor revolutions. i can only agree with you with metallica maybe but metallica didnt start anything new. so 1. get your facts right about what i say and 2. research your info before you start naming random albums. thanks =)