We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

This album was suppsosed to be huge. With only the adventure being released concerts sold out in two and half minutes, thats insane. Tom said this was going to be the next nevermind. I love the album but I dont think its going to change anything. It sounds like Blink 182 meets The Cure. Most of the guitar riffs are very similiar to waht you would from Robert Smith, yet others are very Tom Delonge if you are familiar with his style it is him, with less descendants influence and way more cure. And the song Not Now by Blink could have made it onto this album would barely stand out. I like the sound a lot, but it's nothing totally new from Tom's guitar playing just with effects.

Some of the lyrics are impressive. Some I absolutly hate including 'It Hurts x1000' or 'I'll Be Your Distraction' repeated alot. The song 'Do It For Me Now' was actually written for a rapper, that's kinda cool. The song Good Day has excellent lyrics one of my favorites same with A Little's Enough, about god coming to earth and fixing the problems. Tom likes to 'oooOOOoo' 'da da da da da' in most of the songs, and with this band he does have a different voice.

I wouldn't say it's better than Blink. Really you can't compare them because they are different. I would rather have blink if given the choice. I'm sorry to admit some songs are kinda boring (don't really catch your attention as something that will stick in your head). While others are absolutly amazing, including The Adventure, Good Day, and Start The Machine. I would definatly buy this album agian, I'm a hardcore Blink fan. I love The Cure and I love Blink so this album is great. I feel it might have been rushed or not tried hard enough in the lyric department but like I said some are really great some aren't. I would definatly buy this if you like The Cure or Blink, maybe not if you like Megadeth and if you like Fall Out Boy you would like this, but like I hate you. This is ten thousand times better then Fall Out Boy.