We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

The sound (guitar) reminds me heavily of a mix of Tom's old band Blink 182 and The Edge from U2, if you go to Angels and Airwaves Website, www.angelsandairwaves.com, you get some more background. They really surprised me, even though I still miss Blink 182. This will have to do if I want to listen to Tom. Some songs like The Adventure, use special effects, very unlike Blink 182, and I think that Mark and Tom singing together is what made Blink 182 such a good band because Tom need Mark low voice to contrast with his high voice. I think We Don't Need To Whisper is worth borrowing from a friend at least.

The lyrics are so different from Blink 182, that I didn't even recognize Tom the first time I listened to them, A&A use uplifting lyrics, which are so different from the hilarious lyrics used in Blink (First Date, Man Overboard, Feeling This), they are catchy and okay, again, it's not as good as Blink 182 but they're not bad either.

I think A&A got way too much hype, I mean they have a movie coming out and their first album came out what, maybe three days ago. I mean they're a good band and all, but I worry that with all this publicity they'll sell out really fast (overplayed on the radio, huge concerts). Tom tried to take his life in a complete 180 degree turn, and the first time I watched the video of The Adventure I thought to myself "Wow, who is the singer in this new band, I've never seen him before," it took me a week or so to realize that it was Tom.

IwishIwasADog
    Somerandomfoo' wrote: Ive heard the album and thought it was okay but there are better albums around at the moment, but what really bothers me is all the people saying this is one of the best album in the past 20 years. Think about it if Tom DeLonge had never said that would all you little fanboys/girls out there really have the balls to come out and say it on the basis of just listening to this album?
    Good point man, if Delonge had never said that people would just call it 'great' I think this is one of the best albums ive ever heard, but i bet half the people on here are kids (emphasis on bet) including me, and ive not heard every album ever, let alone the best of the past twenty years. There could be someone somewhere in a basement making an album twice as good this and we'll never know about it. Good but you cant say its the best in two decades.