We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

I've heard this sound before many times. It was like I could see exactly what was coming before it even did, a blatant U2 and Police wannabe. You can only use and rearrange and use the same type of chords and chord progressions so much in this genre of music and this is just overdoing it. When I listen to a band I expect originality. If they "sound like" another band but aren't even as good, what is the point of paying attention to them. To put it short, its been done before and there are better bands out there.

The themes are serious but the lyrics fail in their symplistic nature and pathetic rhyming patterns. Both the music and lyrics felt awkward together. The singer has talent but its nothing that you havn't heard before and isn't better than anything that it sounds like. There may be small traces of "emotion" but theres not much else to it. The voice makes the vocalist, not the emotion.

Once again, this sounds like other artists and thats the problem. It is trying too hard too be an '80s band when we are well beyond that. You can find MUCH MUCH better material if you just look back a few years and the funny thing is that it has the same sound but is much better. The revolution was a few decades late Tom. Also no matter how close you get to an hour, it's still not an hour. The CD was at least 10 minutes short of what was boasted. If I lost this cd, frankly I would be quite content knowing that my music collection was not brought down by this "revolutionary album."