We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

The first thing I noticed about this album was the sound. To me, A&A make a big deal on making their music sound good. They made great use of computer-aided sound, and the actual playing itself, along with the vocals, earned them a 9/10. A&A seem to be about pure modern rock. No Emo, punk, or metal for them. This is how they should be. The subtle differences between A&A and Blink 182 are quite hard to come by in some aspects, but easier to in others. Such is the case with the lyrics. Angels and Airwaves seem to use more lighter-noted lyrics, and they seem to flow well, unlike some Blink 182 songs where the lyrics made few sense. Another difference is the way they approach a chorus or an intro. They don't seem to stall like in Blink 182's "Not Now", or "I Miss You". A&A flow smoothly, like any song should, unless you reffer to the atonal music of the early 20th century.

Overall, I'm impressed with the lyrics. It's not every day one can take out a pad of paper and a pen and write down something with a futuristic theme like "The Adventure". Angels and Airwaves seem to know what they're doing with their lyrics, finally! A band who doesn't mess crap up by including overly explicit lyrics or through the use of horribly put together slant-rhyme.

To Angels And Airwaves: I congradulate you. Your first album has set the standard to what we hope will be many others to come. This ensemble of music and lyrics was amazing for your band's first release. I can see you men going somewhere. To the consumers: buy this album! It is exactly what you'd expect from Blink 182, with some changes. If you like strong, powerful lyrics meshed together with inspiringly catchy music, this album is the one for you. Until next time, I'm out!

METSOAD
    to all those people who are naming best albums of the last 20 years, here are a few more Iron Maiden: All of them except No Prayer For The Dying but especially Somewhere In Time, Dance Of Death and Brave New World Muse: Origin Of Symmetry, Absolution, Showbiz Metallica: S&M (It has 2 New Songs) Motorhead: 1916, March Or Die, Bastards, Inferno Trivium: Ascendancy AC~DC: Ball Breaker, Stiff Upper Lip Joe Satriani: All of Them Megadeth: Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extiction That, plus albums like Puppets, Stadium Arcadium, Black Album, Appitite for Destruction, Californiacation, Out Of Exile, Blood Sugar Sex Magik and others