We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

The Sound is absolutely amazing I love Tom and Dave's use of effects in their bridges, outros and solos and their use of kinda space like sounds especially the conversation between Tom and Atom at the beginning of Valkyrie Missile.

My first thoughts when I got this CD were how much Tom's lyrics had changed since Blink 182 and how much deeper and meaningful his lyrics were, a good example is the track Distraction, can you really imagine the Tom of Blink 182 singing that? I also noticed how much Tom's voice has evolved and changed, in a good way. If you want to hear the difference listen to Blink 182's Wrecked Him then listen to Angels And Airwaves' Start The Machine.

I think that this album is better than all of Blink 182's albums from a skills point of view and it is the beginning of something incredible. My favourite song off the album is The Adventure but it is better by about 0.00001% than the other songs I also think Valkyrie Missile Is a very important song for the album as it is the beginning of one the best albums of the past decade. I absolutely love everything about this album especially the lyrics but the only bad bit of the album is that I think that the line "I think I like today, I think it's good" from Good Day is a bit cheesy but that's my only complaint. If It were stolen I would hunt the person that stole it down and kill him because my copy is signed by the band and I absolutely love it to death.

minitruckssuck
    ppl should really calm down, sure this album is not the best album in 20 years, but it is really good and is a welcome break from all the crap thats been floating around these past couple years. What really gets to me though is that ppl always try to catagorize music, like Sh4d0wB31nG said it makes me sick. This music was made for people who were looking for something different than whats out there today, and ppl please stop listing the best albums of the past 20 years, it could go on forever. Although i have to say, Tom you really made a mistake by calling this album the best thing in 20 years. AvA the new Nirvana, please, AvA is good but not that good!
    No one is saying they are the 'New Nirvana' they are saying that they think the album will revolutionize they way people think about music and other bands will copy what they are doing you f***tard
    minitruckssuck
    renegadepancake wrote: Nothing says "monumental and genius" like an ad nauseum repetition of "it hurts" for a chorus.
    the chorus isn't a repitition of 'it hurts' you idiot, why don't you listen to the music before you start abusing it.
    minitruckssuck
    jem 22 what copy of the album did you get?? coz that's no where near the correct track order
    BlinkDay182
    This is one of the best albums that i have ever heard, i personally like it better than Blink 182