We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

Now lots of people have let how Tom talked about this album influence how they review it. For starters no it isn't going to change the world, one album cant. However this album is a solid piece of work and is a nice change to the crap thats out today (not saying its new and never been done before). The band has some awesome songs with emotion in them like the adventure. The music complexity is far greater than that of Blink 182 and Boxcar Racer. I loved Box car and Blink but Blink had really simple and repetative chords progressions and boxcar had some f--ked up songs on it. I have a hunch that David Kennedy helped write in Boxcar Racer and Angels And Airwaves. The synth intro's are cool but the intro's are a bit long in distraction and valkyrie missile.

Well the lyrics, Up and down is the way to describe it. Some songs have awesome lyrics and some dont. For example start the machine has awesome lyrics but the gift is pretty ordinary. The signer well such a different voice to any other singer. but I like the singing in this album however either lip sync or get better at singing live otherwise you cant pull this album off live tom, I'd prefer to hear it sung live than lip sync.

Overall its one of the best albums this year along with 10 000 days. I would buy it agian if I lost it. my favorite songs are The Adventure, Do It For Me Now, It Hurts, Start The Maching, Good Day. There is one song that doesnt live up to the rest in my eyes which is the gift. I'm sick of hearing so-cal Huge Blink fans saying this is shit I'm dissapointed in Tom. They are just cut that it isn't Blink 182. This is a new band hence it's not going to be what Blink 182 was. A great album overall if your open minded and not just someone who wants another Blink album buy it.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    Good album,it reveals a more mature attitude.....and that is WRONG because Tom is still a kid inside.I thought he was 31 or something like that,but I found his behavior stupid and quite ridiculous.....when he opens his mouth to speak,the only thing he says is crap.....anyways,he's singing better now(finally!) and the guitar work is pretty decent.His lyrics are deep and creative,something new for this guy.The "only" problem is that every song sounds the same.Tom tried to mix some influences "here and there",but it didn't work that well.....Good Luck in the future though
    Nilcerise
    the fact that tom delonge always has to be in some band and almost be correspondant as some kind of punk emo sad pussy ass makes no sense to me,maybe its time to change up the music and riffs a bit
    jason_smiths
    tom started talking about politics and shit when i saw them on sunday( with the strokes, subways and foo fighters), it was like shut up how can a blink 182 member talk about that shit after singing about ****ing dogs up the arse, in the end A&A were booed off, thank god.