We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

The sound has both modern guitar and a bit of '70s and '80s guitar. It blends in all the right instruments and made one awesome CD. The music and singing blends like ice in water. No doubt that this cd has the most amazing effects in some of the songs. The guitarist does an awesome job in keeping it in the perfect volume zone as does the whole band. I also like to add that this cd is about war and human life. People should not think that a cd about that stuff is bad. It is true. They made this CD by reading WW2 books. They took pictures of WW2 and posted them on one side of the room and nothing on the ohter and in between they made a song.

The lyrics are a blend of love and Toms feelings. I the lyrics and music blend good toghter. It's not music to where the words dont go. The music is a good blend of soft easy music to rock music that makes you want to sing. The words go great with the the title of the song. The title of the CD (We Don't Need To Whisper) goes good with the singing because tom sings out not needing to whisper. Besides AVA Tom has had a great life being in Blink 182 and Boxcar Racer. He quotes "this is not a side job, this is the new other half of Tom Delonge". He wants people to be able to listen and understand what he is singing about.

This album compares to no other album out there. It is unique in its own way. Tom Delonge, David Kennedy, Ryan Sinn, and Atom Willard have created a CD that people can listen to and understand. The Adventure and It Hurts are the most impressive songs, but Start The Machine, and The War are also impressive. I like the CD the most becase I can get comfortable and turn the lights out and listen to the CD. It isn't a CD where its all headbangin or screaming. This CD is a perfect blend of rock and soft rock. If I lost this CD I would deff buy it again. I suggest that any Blink 182 fans should buy this CD.

dav3011
    i think tom has gone downhill from blink, some of the songs are good, but they all sound so alike.
    jasonkan
    this is original, except that original doesnt always mean good. on the contrary rather. this album is far from good. its very boring, even my fav track on the album 'the war' has lost its spark after acouple of listens. thought it mayve bin sumthin like blink. a letdown and a waste of $ for those who buy cds.
    Fenix-54
    red hot chili peppers is the shit. ava's new album disappointed me but it's not god awful
    Acdc182
    All of yo guys Are preety much ignorant hicks but it is the best Album to be an Album u havt to have 6 singles off the Cd believe me i work at Victory Rec.I know !all the album you named had probably one hit single so you guys just got Stopmed!!!!!Oh yea
    turnfoot
    i really liked tom's new stuff. it really stands out 'cause of it's sound. i think that that dick over-hyped it too much though. should've kept you're mouth shut and let the people decide if it's good or bad. but still a good album, and i recommend it to anyone who wants to hear something different.
    rko
    This is a brilliant album no need to slag it off i respect peoples opinions but some people take it too far this is brilliant. Some of you still can't accept it because of Toms past and i'm sure you will do it with Plus 44 as well. But you can't judge music like that because that's arrogant. So i think it was perhaps overrated but it's my fav album at the moment and AVA are ****in awesome so there that's all i have to say