We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

The sound is actually pretty good and I'd give it a 10 if Tom didn't sing. His voice is unique but kind of annoying. Most songs sounded like the slower Blink 182 songs, which was a good thing. I liked how it wasn't pop and didn't sound "happy" like a lot of the Blink 182 songs. I personally think the drummming and keyboard bits sounded better than the other things. Angels and Airwaves would sound better if they're lead guitar actually played a few solos in some of the slow songs, such as "Distraction" or "It Hurts". Those songs sound like they need solos, unlike some "happier" songs by Blink 182, such as All The Small Things, First Date, and What's My Age Again.

Again, this would have a better rating, perhaps 8, if tom didn't sing. As I said, his voice is annoying, sorry. His lyrics are pretty good, though, and not all about falling in love like in some Blink 182 songs. Obviously, most of the lyrics are about losing someone close and about war. Angels and Airwaves would be a better band if Tom still composed music but didn't sing. It's a good idea that he sang about the war with a lot of heart, but his voice just doesn't sound suitable enough for singing more "painful" songs. "Your best friend, is not your girlfriend!" from "It Hurts" is pretty funny, and it shows how Tom can add some humor to a depressing song like that. Sometimes, the lyrics sound a little repetitive. Overall, the lyrics have a meaning and sound good, though.

Overall, this album was pretty good and I liked it because it was deeper and more meaningful than anything else Tom has done. I liked how the music is very original, too. Unlike Blink 182, it's deeper and isn't just a bunch of "happy" songs, like All the Small Things, or First DateA few songs I liked were "Distraction", "It Hurts", and "The Gift". Again, I hated how Tom had to sing every song, and I think Angels and Airwaves would be better off without Tom singing. If this was stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again. Instead, I'd just download the songs if I felt like listening to them, because it isnt just that worth it, compared to something like Guns N' Roses, or Nirvana. Overall, it's a pretty good album, though, and I'd recommend it, if you were a huge fan of Tom Delonge. If not, you might as well just download it, because it's not that great.

theguitarist
    CHecked/Deleted. And please try not to quote the whole comment if you are quoting a long comment. It makes the place look messy. eg, PunkFish182...