We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

Angels and Airwaves gives you a softer feel than what you might remember Tom Delonge for. The songs are often filled with exaggerated intros, but the mechanical as well as ethereal feel gives a nice touch. Tom's voice can get repetitive and annoying after a while, though.

The lyrics remind me of what a boy band's hired songwriters would write. It sounds like he's trying to get famous, which really isn't all that great. If you like that kind of phoney 'message' stuff, go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat. But Tom sounds like he's just trying to get lovesick.

Don't buy this album. Please don't. Even you crazed girls who just want to praise him like a god for his looks. Because that's all he has. My guitar teacher's brother-in-law has actually talked with the Man, and he says that Tom uses an auto-tuner on his mic. That's right, Tom can't sing. Remember Carousel? From Blink 182? That's probably what he sounds like. He basically sold himself out to try and get famous. He doesn't even play guitar anymore. So do yourself a favor, and waste your money on something actually worth buying.