We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

When I first heard that Tom Delonge had quit Blink 182, I was so disheartened for a long time. But then I heard that he was going to release an album of his own, I was jumping up and down until my brain went numb. But I think I jumped up and down too much for this album. Don't get me wrong. I love this album. But it didn't have much affect on me as a person. Sure the lyrics were powerful, and contained a lot of meaning, but some of the vocals didn't flow as well as I would've liked.

The lyrics are perhaps the best thing in the whole album, other than some wicked guitars, destroying drums, and killer bass. Tom Delonge talks a lot about true love, and the pain that some people live through everyday. Tom said that in a way that made you want to change how you live, other than sobbing while you're listening to the album. His vocals in this album is addicting. Some hits such as "The Adventure", and "The War" include some of the best vocals I have heard from him ever since his previous album with Blink 182.

I was pretty dissapointed that I didn't love this album as much as Blink 182 (self-titled), but I got to hear more of Tom's voice, which was really the best part about the album. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes U2, or The Police, as I have heard from many people on UG who think that AVA is very similar to those bands. If I lost this album, I would probably go buy another one, since I love Tom so much. But if they come out with another AVA album soon, I hope that it will sound more like Blink-182.

Atticus-Black-
    Im dissapointed Tom changed alot, tones in fact like i get that it was a blink fever to be wild but without mark hes dull and so sensible. Tom did get the sound that he was looking for in this album the spacey sorta always zoned out feeling. Just not what people were expecting. They do have alot of repetitve guitar riffs and drum patterns but i think thats what they are looking for to be focued on the lyrics and they are great lyrics. So all in all this is what they were trying to make and also is what they said was coming..coulda been better well yeah maybe different feel to some songs like listen to The War, Good Day and Do it For Me Now all have that slightly distorted guitar riff that gets repetitive. Well i think its good that the new thing for Tom is this new feel its what he wanted...Right?
    turnfoot
    i saw an interview of tom on larry king live. i thought that all the talk about tom over-hyping the album was just a sick joke to throw people off, but i was wrong. in the interview tom talked about changing the world & his album influencing the youth & ultimately CHANGING THE WORLD!!! i mean, the album was good but it wasn't THAT good. goes to show that tom did go over his head. too much hype for an average album.