We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

We Don't Need To Whisper the debut ablum by Angels and airwaves. The sound of this band is a lot like U2. Electronic sounds are in every track. It is a good ablum, but the ablum has a lot of things sound alike that keep me think did the CD skip, haven't I heard this before? But the ablum has many good songs.

As many of you know the singer is from the band Blink 182, Tom Delonge. He really changed of the lyrics from Blink 182. the lyrics and the music go along great, but he repeats several thing over and over again like In the song The Adventure he repeats I cannot live I can't breath unless you do this with me. He repeats that several times But his skills are good.

I really like the ablum even though it is nothing like his previous band. Some of the best songs of the ablum are The Adventure, The War, The Gift, It Hurts, and Good Day. If it was lost or stolen I would buy it again. But not a third time. I love the sound of the song but I hate the repeated lyrics. Overall It is a good ablum.

Flashdance II
    in the listing of all the revolutionary bands everyone forgot about Radiohead. They've done something more different and out there than AVA ever will.
    shreddin_playa
    Metallicam wrote: DelongeFootwear wrote: To all the people who say this is not the best album in the last 20 years....then what is the best album? as far as im concerned, this album is the best album in the last 2 decades. Its different, it stands out of the hardcore/emo crowd and everything on tv. lets see 20 years ago was 1986. i did a search for top albums during this era, and the only thing that was "revolutionary" as Tom says his band is (which it is) is Nirvanas Nevermind. everything else was just like everything else played on tv. nothing special. so unless you can give me a revolutionary album in the last 20 years, you dont know what youre talking about and have opinions with no back up. I can name 10 Cds that have been better than this in the past 20 years. Blood Sugar Sex Magik Jagged Little Pill ...And Justice For All Fully Completely Ragged Glory Smash So Far So Good So What? *I could put every single Megadeth album, but I won't * Into The Great Wide Open Chamber Music Black Sail in the Sunset There's at least 20 more, but I think I made my point. I don't think this album stands out from the emo scene at all. I just wasn't impressed. A few good songs, but nothing that could make me buy this album. **My sister bought it, and I've borrowed it in case you're wondering.
    Dude AVA beats all those anyday...ur only supposed to comment the album not others u wang
    HardcoreJim
    man, check out those ****s who gave it 1 and 2.3?? those aren't reviews they are just bitter blink fans pathetically trying to hurt the bands score. those ****s should die. i love the album, but since WYHSB is out, i'm listening to that. i like them both equally.
    MaxSurvivor
    For anyone who has never heard the "futuristic" sound before, there's a band from Texas called Flickerstick that won a reality show and their first album Welcoming Home the Astronauts, released in 2001 had that sound way before AVA.
    SOTY13
    AVA sux so much.Tom Delonge is a shit guitarist and has the most irritating voice.Hes also a liar he said AVA were goin 2 b the next massive PUNK BAND and the album was goin 2 b over 1 hour long.All I hear is POP MUSIC with extremely cheesy lyrics.Tom Delonge can only play 3 chord songs and he can't write a decent song 2 save his life.Don't buy this album its bullshit.PS.ATOM WILLARD leave the band your talent is being wasted.
    coltsfball32
    I don't care what anyone says, AVA is an awesome band and they aren't all futuristing. I'm a huge blink fan but all the people who can't get over them are sad. If you think their so different listen to Not Now by blink. Like most huge artisit, Tom DeLonge matured from early blink into songs like I Miss You and eventually into this bad. And to prove how good he is listen to +44, they sound horrible without him. He matured past blink and all the people that can't figure it out or don't understand the true meaning behind his lyrics can go make out with +44 for all I care. AVA is awesome!!!
    brush200400
    I think theyre better than +44 but only a little better than Boxcar Racer. Not quite as good as Blink 182 but a hellz of a lot better than The Transplants.
    dfallon07
    the album sounds good but live they pretty much suck...im sorry to say but its true....it really irritates me how he is singing blink songs too....and tom talks to much during concerts.....