We Don't Need To Whisper review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: May 23, 2006
Angels & Airwaves: We Don't Need To Whisper

Angels and Airwaves is the part of the aftermath of Blink 182. When Blink 182 split in 2005, Tom Delonge (guitar, vocals) announced his new band Angels & Airwaves featuring band members David Kennedy(Boxcar Racer) Atom Willard (The Offspring) and Ryan Sinn (The Distillers). In December, Angels & Airwaves released a short version of "Valkirie Missle". This also released a new side of Tom Delonge. Normally, in Blink 182, and even Boxcar Racer (a side project with David Kennedy) Tom always created simple Punk riffs. With Angels & Airwaves, he used a lot more effects such as synth, delay, and even xylophones. Not everyone was satisfied with the new sound of "Blinker" Tom Delonge, however, The band released four singles of of their Debut album, which featured 10 songs. I, for one, love the new adventure that Tom has taken us on, and can't wait for the next one.

One advantage that Angels and Airwaves has over Tom's former band members, now in Plus 44, is his lyrics.All of the lyrics on We Don't Need To Whisper take me away to my own world.The songs I most appreciate are "the gift" "Do it for me Now" "A littles enough" and "It Hurts". All of the songs make me feel as if someone actually understands how I feel. All of the songs are mixed brilliantly; each have there own style, and each have unique effects. Tom Delonge the most amazing voice I've ever heard.Some people don't agree, but it's there, throught We Don't Need To Whisper.

I think that this is definatly U2-the Joshua Tree, relived in the 21st centry, along with all of the anthems U2 forgot to include. This Album is the most amazing thing I've ever listened to. I could honestly say there's not anything I would change. The most impressive song on the album is Do it For me Now. That song is simple, yet amazing. The outro in that song makes you feel like you're flying. If I didn't have this album, I'd definatly buy another one the seconed I needed to.

blakehell182
    I can honestly care less what people say about Tom.I met him in Houston a little over a year ago.He's an awsome guy.He is the same person he was ten years ago,I don't see why everyone says hes a fag now.This album was a lot more thought out,and I think it was great.I especially love The Gift and Do It For Me Now. I'm REALLY looking foward to I-Empire,and FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO DONT RESPECT THOMAS DELONGE!!!! -Blake
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    its so stupid that tom mark and travis can't work out their problems, cause this and plus 44 dont compare to blink.
    priestfan76
    DelongeFootwear wrote: To all the people who say this is not the best album in the last 20 years....then what is the best album? as far as im concerned, this album is the best album in the last 2 decades. Its different, it stands out of the hardcore/emo crowd and everything on tv. lets see 20 years ago was 1986. i did a search for top albums during this era, and the only thing that was "revolutionary" as Tom says his band is (which it is) is Nirvanas Nevermind. everything else was just like everything else played on tv. nothing special. so unless you can give me a revolutionary album in the last 20 years, you dont know what youre talking about and have opinions with no back up.
    Mettalica-Master of Puppets-1986 Guns and Roses-Appetite for Destruction-1987 U2-The Joshua Tree-1987 Iron Maiden- Somewhere in time-1988 Would you like me to go on?If you really think that Angels and Airwaves can be compared to bands like these, then you dont know what good music is.
    wildchild6660
    Yeah its not the best album in 20 years. Don't exaggerate. theres like a hundred better albums.
    IfDaysEnd
    So suddenly a punk kid becomes a well rounded musician? I don't care if he says it's experimental or anything Radiohead owns his life and music until this band has the "legend" status I think they'll be able to come up with something new...and thats not going to happen in ages