Little Plastic Castle Review

Ani DiFranco: Little Plastic Castle
Released: Feb 17, 1998
Genre: Rock
Tones: Theatrical, Earthy, Confident, Raucous, Energetic
Styles: Urban Folk, Alternative Pop/Rock, Indie Rock, Anti-Folk, Alternative Folk
 9.8
 9.7
 9.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Little Plastic Castle Reviewed by: DrkSydeOTM, on december 04, 2003

Sound: Hot off the heels of the angry Dilate and the amazing live double disc set Living in Clip, Little Plastic Castle takes us into new waters. This is where Ani really starts to show her Jazz roots. The addition of a horn section on some tracks is pure genius. And yet, on other tracks, we're presented with pure DiFranco style. Her guitar is still blazing, she just has more band backing her up now. // 8

Lyrics: As always, Ani DiFranco's lyrics are amazing. Ani covers such topics as loved ones lost in drug addiction (Two Little Girls), the wave of meaningless pop song after meaningless pop song (Fuel) and, of course, conflicting emotions about a former lover (Gravel.) Each song is carefully crafted, and hits you right in the heart/gut/crotch. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my all-time favorite albums. As far as Ani albums go, it's possibly my favorite, and definitely in my top 3. Fuel, Swan Dive and the epic Pulse are amazing songs. If you don't already have this cd, go out right now and buy it. If you do have it, go out and buy it for someone who doesn't. // 10

Little Plastic Castle Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 21, 2004

Sound: This sound is the most innovating and deep, and still happy and pleasure-full. You cant stop listening! It makes me happy just listeinging to there music! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics written by the artist range from deep and thoughtful, to happy and care-free! There lyrics make me think, and I never want to stop listening to them as long as I live, even as a great granparent in depends! // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression in great, my life depends on this band, I hope they make a new record soon! They make me so happy, they remind me of when I am at the mal with my friends! Buy this cd immediately! // 10

Comments