This Age Of Silence review by Anterior

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Anterior: This Age Of Silence

First off I would like to say, Anterior is a new up and coming metal-core type band that needs to be heard. They are an excellent band, and this is an excellent CD. I am honoured to be the first reviewer. Anyways, the sound on this album is amazing. The guitars are mind blowing, the vocals are perfectly done, and the drums are beautiful. The album art is aswell amazing, I love their symbol.

The lyrics I would say are your average metal lyrics. The voice of Luke Davies is absolutely wicked. It could not sound better! It flows so amazingly well with the whole sound of the band. He is a screamer, but not a growler, so you can understand some of the vocabulary he uses. There are a few tracks that do not have vocals, and on those tracks, the guitaring speaks for itself!

01. Ghost Of Dawn - an instrumental track. A great way to open up this album. 02. The Silent Divide - a great song. The guitaring is very very well done. I feel the song is just a bit long. 03. Dead Divine - this song is an amazing way to sum up Anterior. Fast, hardcore, amazing guitar solo, nice little acoustic background. All around a great track. 04. Days Of Deliverance - this song has got so much style! One of the best on the whole album. Amazing. 05. Human Hive - this is a good song, but nothing to me really stood out. Besides the solo, which does on every single song. 06. Stir Of Echoes - a non vocal track. It's almost Spanish acoustic style guitaring. And boy oh boy is it amazing! Wow. This band is good at everything! 07. Scar City - I get an extremem CoB/KSE vibe from this song. Very well done. 08. Seraph - I do not know where this song title came from, but I would sure like to know. Cause it's a stunningly awesome song! 09. This Age Of Silence - the title track. I don't think this song is quite worthy of first place, but it definitely up there in the top. The solo is f--king great! Overall, this is an amazing metal album! I would recommend this album to fans of, Himsa, CoB, Killswitch Engage, or even BFMV. If this CD was stolen from me, I would buy a new one for sure. Go out and buy yourself a copy!

dimebag_darrell
    2 words man, ****ing-rad, the song The Silent Divide truly expresses their amazing legendary sound
    menali
    Awesome album, its like a much cooler version of early Trivium.
    fwibble
    these guys are amazing players, and stunningly thry pull it all off perfect live, even the twinned solos which is mind blowing.
    MaidenRulez666
    THE GREATEST BAND AROUND RIGHT NOW!!!! These guys would own your soul and rape the innocent of....their innocence lol. Seriously though..these guys are the best.
    Independant
    heard there writing material for the second album already.i dont know when they will be in studio
    YourMessiah666
    yes it says they'll be hitting the studio sometime in january or february on their myspace if i remember correctly. ****in can't wait
    DevonHobi
    Seraph is by far the best track. The Harmonized guitar solo almost makes it feel like an instrumental in the middle