Avalon review by Anthony Green

• Released: Aug 5, 2008
Anthony Green: Avalon

The sound is incredible and intimate. Unlike most newer records where you cannot hear anything except the music(creating a vacuum like effect) in Anthony Green's debut solo album you can actually hear that they're playing in a room, which I find incredibly intimate and unlike anything I've heard in the past 5 years. The album, which covers up to 10 years of AG's writing, bleeds the feeling Anthony Green is trying to create. When it's faster and upbeat, you feel happy. When it's slower and more mellow, you feel relaxed. Overall, I think this album is incredible, the only thing I disliked from the sound aspect was the unnecessary demos that were slapped on at the end of the album.

Lyrics are doing what they're supposed to be doing. They make you think! The lyrics typically make sense with the music and flow through wonderful. As for the singer skills, It's Anthony Green. The vocals are incredible, easily unmatched to any album created in 2008.

Overall, the album is killer. Pick it up at your record store, download it, do what you will, just listen to it. Most notable songs for me would be "Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You)" and "Plays Ugly For Daddy". If the album were to be stolen/lost I wouldn't buy it again I would probably just download it because I already paid for the album, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it!

The_Paranoia
    Agreed, AG really deserves all he can get.
    dakchallee
    wow. i think it is the worst thing i have ever heard. and i like anthony green. weird.
    See_Jay
    Alexishxc1337
    See_Jay wrote: If you think this is the worst thing you have ever heard then you don't know anything about Anthony Green.
    This. It's certainly not Circa/Saosin etc., but it's AG in a very honest, stripped down musical style, which is fantastic.
    Mr.Don'tShootMe
    btw you forgot the sound of animals fighting and oh yeah, what version did you get, my copy of the cd has 11 tracks then an ep and demos adding up to 20 songs.
    Alexishxc1337
    Mr.Don'tShootMe wrote: lol the lyrics are "all sold out of trust" not drugs.
    so shoot me, i made an error no pun intended with your user name.
    lllostmotelll
    -tempest-
    lllostmotelll wrote: The_Paranoia wrote: Alexishxc1337 wrote: "Pick it up at your record store, download it" Noooo Do AG a favor and put that 10 cents in his pocket, or however much artists accumulate from sales these days. This album is too spectacular to not pay for. Agreed, AG really deserves all he can get. Don't buy it at a store, download it so you can hear it, but then go buy it at one of Circa's shows if he's selling copies. That will ultimately mean most to him, as well as give him the full effect of your dollar.
    +1 he doesn't get shit unless you buy it at a show