Fistful Of Metal review by Anthrax

• Released: Dec 31, 1983
Anthrax: Fistful Of Metal

This is the debut album of thrash metal band Anthrax. Anthrax are one of the big four of thrash metal along with Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. Most songs on this album usually have fast guitar riffs and great solos. The riffs are also great. The sound of this album kinda reminds me of albums like either Show No Mercy or Killing Is My Business. You can also get another version of this album where it comes with bonus tracks which is the Armed And Dangerous single. Armed And Dangerous is a song that appears on the 1985 release Spreading the Disease.

The lyrics usually got to do with death. When this album was released Neil Turban was the vocalist at the time. The lyrics fit well with the music especially in the songs Deathrider, Soldiers Of Metal and Metal Thrashing Mad. Neil turbin is an okay vocalist but most people propely prefer either Jory Belladonna or John Bush seeing that with the release of their second album Spreading The Disease Joey Belladonna was the vocalist.

This album is just as good as any other album Anthrax has released. All the songs are the same on this album so I wouldn't be able to say what the most impressive songs are. The album art is pretty col for this album with the freaky fist going threw the guys face. I don't hate anything about this album. If it were stolen I would definatly get it again because it is worth buying.