Persistence of Time review by Anthrax

• Released: Aug 21, 1990
Anthrax: Persistence of Time

This was the fifth studio album thrashed metal band Anthrax released. This album is a big improvement from their last album State Of Euphoria but State Of Euphoria was also good to. The album starts off with a clock ticking which is the song Time and around 40 secs the guitars kick in and the song is awesome. After that song starts the song Blood which is propely my favorite song on the album but then after Blood is over the song Keep It In The Family starts and that is a bit slower but then In My World Starts which is a good song. This song also has the song Got The Time originally by Joe Jackson but the Anthrax version I like better and theres also a video for Got The Time. Another good song on this album is One Man Stands which comes right after the song H8 Red and it has a cool intro and the rest of the song is good also same with the song H8 Red. Scott Ian, Dan Spitz and Frank Bello are three great musicians in thrash metal history. Charlie Benate is a good drummer to.

The lyrics to the songs on this album are great. I like in the song One Man Stands where the first thing you hear in the song is "The enemy is dead, I can't believe what I said, the enemy is dead, did he only exist in our head?" I like the lyrics just as much as the guitar riffs. This is also the last album that has Joey Belladonna as their vocalist. After that until that album We've Come For You All Armored Saint Vocalist John Bush is the vocalist for Anthrax. Joey Belladonna is a great vocalist.

This is one of my favorite albums that Anthrax has released. I like this album better than State Of Euphoria. The most impressive songs on this album would be Blood, One Man Stands and Discharge. I don't hate anything about this album. If there album were lost I would definatly buy it again because it is a great album.

anthrax1214
    definately the heaviest guitar sound of ian and spitz. i would have to say i like among the living just a bit better because its just an 80's classic!