Spreading The Disease review by Anthrax

• Released: Oct 30, 1985
Anthrax: Spreading The Disease

This is the album in which Anthrax became a heavy hitter in thrash metal. The razor-like sound of Ian and Spitz's guitars sound menacing and Bello's finger plucking bass (on his first album with the band) just brings speedy reminiscance of Steve Harris and beneath all that is Charlie's hard pounding drums. Just listen to the intensity of songs like A.I.R, or Madhouse. It's enough to make you wanna punch someone!

Joey Belladonna's first album with the band. To Me he is one of the most underated or unknown singers in history. His voice is comparable to the likes of Tate, Dickenson, and Halford, which it's rare to hear a singer like that in thrash metal. The lyrics are pretty good with comic book heroism (Lone Justice), to being locked away (Madhouse) or being seduced (Medusa).

If you are a fan of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, or Priest, than you will probably maybe definatley love this intense album. My favorite songs are Lone Justice, Medusa, Madhouse, AIR, and Armed and Dangerous. If it was stolen I would definatley download it to my mp3 player. I mean this is a very underated album. My only complaint is that sometimes the drumming in the songs get repetetive.

White And Nerdy
    This cd is very awesome! 80's thrash just like maiden/metallica. joey is a great singer. Madhouse is very awesome, love the crazy intro. They put out about 5 good albums, when they did the whole rap-metal thing, it bombed IMO. and then when they got rid of joey...they just got worse. But nonetheless i'd definitly pick this cd up if you like old skool thrash.
    DaliLama
    If you are a fan of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, or Priest, than you will probably maybe definatley love this intense album That's a funny sentence
    Fossilized Love
    Always found it weird that my parents were huge Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer fans, but never were into Anthrax
    Slaytanic1986
    this is my favourite anthrax album, i got to see the classic line-up twice this year and met them too, theyre awesome
    Jawshuwa
    I agree with Joey being an underrated singer, but I'll also add that Anthrax is an underrated -band.-
    jumpmanhat
    Joey is one of the coolest front man ever, John Bush is one of the worst front men ive ever heard or seen. Anthrax is the best live band ive ever seen, and I wasnt even in the pits for that one, never forget that show!
    I'm a real boy
    joey is propably my second favourite when it comes to singers. Bruce dickenson is the best by far