State Of Euphoria review by Anthrax

• Released: Sep 19, 1988
Anthrax: State Of Euphoria

This was the fourth studio album that thrash metal band Anthrax released. Unlike Fistful Of Metal, Spreading The Disease or Among The Living this album doesn't have so much fast guitar riffs. There are still good guitar riffs though some is a little repetative to. Some songs doesn't have really slow guitar riffs like songs such as Schism or Finale and for some reason the introduction to the song Now It's Dark kinda reminds of the introduction to Black Sabbath's Iron Man.

Like the music the lyrics are a little different to from the other three albums. It's not about death and stuff and a song that shows this would be Anti-Social but I belive that song is a cover. The lyrics isn't so good either but they fit in well with the guitar riffs. Joey Belladonna is the vocalist for this album and he's propely the best vocalist Anthrax had through out the years but some people might say John Bush originally from Armored Saint is better but thats only opinion.

Overall this is a good album. I like the first three albums better though but they dropped out the song Anti-Social and put another song there the album would propely be better. The most impressive song on the album would ropely be Now It's Dark, Finale and Schism. Misery Loves Company is a pretty good song also. The only think I hate about this album is anti-social. If this album were stolen I propely get it again even though I ain't a huge fan of it.

Silas S Thompso
    One thing I don't like, is when a fan compares the bands "best work" to the release after that. If a band has reached it's peak, it can't go any higher. You should just be glad that they didn't suck/sell out after that. and if a band does the same speeds and writing for all their albums you flame them for being repeats.
    Kastöm
    rattleheadxvi wrote: A+ for spelling and grammar.
    hahaha, damn right
    hawkdude9
    i was given it for free from somebody...its honestly one of the better albums ive heard from anthrax