Worship Music review by Anthrax

• Released: Sep 13, 2011
Anthrax: Worship Music

When I heard that joey would be returning I got excited and soon bought the album. The first track is a symphonic thing that starts the album and then a furious thrash song "Earth On Hell" kicked in. And that was probably the weakest on the album. The next "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't" was no disappointment. "The Devil You Know" is a great song that mixes hard rock and thrash together and sounds great. "I'm Alive" is a great radio friendly song. My favourite "In The End" is a mid paced heavy song that gives you that Dio feel. "The Giant" is similar to "Earth On Hell". "Judas Priest" shows a different Joey trying a more Bobby Blitz style. "Crawl" is similar to "I'm Alive". "Revolution Screams" is a thrashier song. "The Constant" features an amazing chorus. Basically its all awesome.

Joey's voice has only gotten better over time and "Worship Music" shows him using a much deeper voice with power. The lyrics were also quite good showing a much more thoughtful type of Anthrax. "In The End" is about the life and death of Cliff Burton and Dio. Although I liked Anthrax when there lyrics were funny these gave the album a much more mature feeling to it.

My favourite songs from this album are "In The End", "The Constant" and "The Devil You Know". This album sounds very modern yet still at the roots. This is probably my second or third favourite Anthrax album which is a lot better than most thrash bands. If I lost this album I would definitely buy it again.

Rifferx
    Well "Brandon" I can tell by the tone of your review that you don't have a real appreciation of this kind of music. I've been listening to music and metal in particular since you were a twinkle in your parents' eyes, and am also a musician. Your review couldn't be more off the mark. This album isn't good or even great. It is absolutely outstanding!! There is no way anyone could expect a modern Anthrax record to possibly sound or be any better than this. The way it merges melody and heaviness is remarkable. Do you have any idea how hard that is to do. And the passion! Man the music on this cd has turned me on like nothing in a very long time. EPIC, OUTSTANDING and yes, quite possibly their BEST WORK EVER! MONSTROUS IN ALL ITS GLORY!
    ThrasherGuy
    I bought this album last year. At first listen, I didn't like it. But then I started listening to it a bit more, and I loved it
    Realityburn
    I have to be in the right mood for this one. Anthrax is one of my favorite bands, I put this one probably in 4th place in terms of favorite Anthrax albums. Persistence of Time, Sound of White Noise, Among the Living, then Worship Music is the order for me. Notice how only one of my top 4 was a Bush-era album?