For Blood and Empire review by Anti-Flag

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Anti-Flag: For Blood and Empire

On For Blood and Empire, the ranting political Anti-Flag score another hit with their simple punk rock. Instead playing so fast that they bleed, they keep simple, catchy riffs going, some o which are actually hard to master. This, in my opinion, is their best CD. It features the to mainstream hits "This Is The End (For You My Friend)" and "Press Corpse". Those songs are good. But the really good ones are hidden in their. Besides those, my favorites are "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man", "Project For a New Amaerican Century", "One Trillion Dollars", and "Cities Burn". The later features a really cool drum intro. All their playing on this disk is real tight, and it all works together.

If you have ever heard of Anti-Flag before this review(or even heard their name), you can geuss it's gonna be prettuy much political stuff. Well, it's all political. Anti-Flag is a political band. All the songs rant on about the, you geussed it, the government. Some are highly profain, too ("One Trillion Dollars", "Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man"). Unless your a radicalist too, the words get a little boring an tiresome after a while.

For Blood And Empire is a great disc. Awesome punky guitars with lots of attitude and really catchy songs. But, the lyrics get old and repetitive around track eight, and some songs are far more profain then they need to be. Overall, it's a pretty good CD. If I lost it, I'd buy it again. Maybe I would get something else instead, because for me, the lyrics are a little to out there and political for me. I prefer a band that doesn't care, that just wants to have fun. I recomend this CD for any true punk fan.