Leaving Eden review by Antimatter

• Released: May 7, 2007
Antimatter: Leaving Eden

From the start I have to say that another great album of 2007 dismissed. This really was one of the single greatest relises in 2005-2007. Everybody who doesn't know anything about the band Antimatter was created by ex Anathema bass player/songwriter Duncan Patterson and Mick Moss. Shortly after Planetary Confinement album in (2005) Patterson quit the band leaving Moss to work alone with the fourth album that is Leaving Eden. For the old Antimatter fans the sound is the same as on Planetary but for new people reading this I'd have to describe the bands sound mostly acoustic meloncholy, with pits and peaces from gothic rock and post metal. If you would think that the pattersons departure had affected the bands material you are right. This is definitely the best album the band has ever made. From songs like The Freak Show witch is very nerve-wracking in some way, in to soft meloncholy that we have on the song Ghosts, the album has good variations and it doesn't leave you bored for one moment. Of Course if you are a fan of this kinda music. For others this might not be as easy to swallow.

Aah, my favorite part once more. The lyrics. What you would expect from a gothic rock band? Most of the lyrics are about the dark parts of the human mind, and love. Partly because Mick Moss has such a dry and warm voice you want to take the moment to lissen. One song that really made me stop was Conspire. A sad ballad like story about wasted years, and about some one else. I figured out that the other participant of the story must be the loved one. Sadly the story itself doesn't sound like anything you would describe lovely. Sad, dark, and somewhat hopeless. The album goes from twisted love stories like that to songs about growing old and letting go of the past. The sonwriting is absolutely amazing on the album and when you really take the time to wander in to the stories I think hardly no one could just disrecard them. Freaking love the lyrics. How could I end this part with such a silly sentance? Because it's freaking true.

Overall impression is allways the easiest part because you allready made up your mind. The album is a keeper. I'll cherish this album for many years to come and belive many Antimatter fans would agree. This is the best album they have ever made. It left me yearning more, and what else can you expect from a album? Nothing really. If it hits you then it hits you. Best gothic rock album since god knows when.

lozano96ivan
    It's no wonder I'm so cold... beautiful album, so deep, so magic. A sleeper masterpiece difficult but rewarding to find among so many clonic stuff in the Internet.
    InfiniteSadness
    This is a real good album indeed. Mick really draws from the deepest parts of his soul when he's singing. Conspire is my favourite song as well, such a powerful song despite its simple structure! I'm not missing Duncan's input either, I found myself only listening to Mick's tracks on Planetary Confinement. Overall, this is a good and laid back acoustic/rock album.