Juggernaut Of Justice review by Anvil

• Released: May 10, 2011
Anvil: Juggernaut Of Justice

The album was recorded at Dave Grohl's Studio 606 in Northridge, California. The producer was Bob Marlette. I'm gonna give a bit of a little bio on Anvil for anyone that doesn't know. Canadian band, hit it big back in the early 80's but than a few years later started to fade off into obscurity because of larger bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer etc. Anvil released "This Is Thirteen" in 2007 which was to me at least a comeback album. Then "Anvil: The Story Of Anvil" was released which gained them even more popularity. Random fact on an episode of Gene Simmons "Family Jewels" you can see a few movie posters for it at a movie theater. But anyway, although they're far from the biggest band ever they are one of the best. They've always stayed true to the metal! They're easily one of the best bands to come out of Canada, actually never mind scratch that, easily one of the best bands to come out of the planet! They're an amazing heavy metal.

This is probably one of Anvil's strongest albums lyrically besides maybe "This Is Thirteen". I think my favorite song lyrically is "Not Afraid". It's a very powerful and inspiring song that as actually helped me in life. So thank you Anvil! Lips is a really amazing singer. I've read on YouTube a few comments about how he's not that good. But I just completely ignore them. I like his unique style of singing. I really like how he can go from songs like "When Hell Breaks Loose To Stop Me" (off of the "Metal On Metal" album). Definitely a very unique and powerful singer. I've never seen Anvil live (yet!) but based on live videos he can still sing like he could in the old days.

I'd have to say that this is one of the best Anvil albums without a doubt. Anvil is truly like fine wine, only gets better with age. They're definitely a very inspiring band. I showed some of their stuff to my best friend who doesn't like them but she does admit that they are really a dedicated and powerful band. They're not like some artists where you only respect them if you like their music. Everybody really does respect Anvil. My favorite song on the album is probably the title track "Juggernaut Of Justice" or maybe "Not Afraid". I'm not really sure, they're all so great. I don't actually own this album so I can't say anything about if it was stolen or anything. I haven't been able to track down a copy of it yet and I refuse to download it illegally. I'm an old fashion guy, (even though I'm 13) I like to have the physical CD in front of me. Anyway if you guys don't know Anvil please check them out. You'll love them!

pravar7
    Enough of this already. Go retire Anvil. Your music inspires no one besides this fanboy reviewer.
    Battman1993
    FANBOY!!! I'm suprised this review got posted, you're supposed to critique instead of spewing random shit about how awesome they are. If it wasn't for that movie no one would know who Anvil is anyway.