Apocalyptica review by Apocalyptica

• Released: May 10, 2005
Apocalyptica: Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica is a band that developes with each new record. Their music sounds awesome, because they use absolutely unique technics, because they play a unique instrument (well, unique in heavy metal category), the cello. Having Ville Valo of "HIM," Lauri Ylunen of "The Rasmus," and Marta of "Die Happy" to sing and support the songs "Bittersweet," "Life Burns" and "How Far" was a brilliant idea. Eicca, Paavo and Perttu are awesome musicians and still I'm amazed how the can play so good while baging their heads and shaking their hair.

The lyrics by Ville Valo and Marta are excellent, Ville should be just as creative for his own band HIM. Lauri Ylunen, well, he has a unique voice and a special appearance. But his lyrics are a bit superficial.

Apocalyptica are not comparable with any other band. They are geart, what more can I say. Since their first album "Apocalyptica play Metallica with four cellos" they developed to a "heavy classic" band, or I would call it "heavy metal," just played with cellos. They created very smart and technically very thought out (also far out)sounds and the new album is worth the price. I would buy it again if I lost it. I bought the album "Cult" two times. There's nothing about the album that I don't like, except for one thing: I think that Apocalyptica will make a special edition soon. They did that before so I'm still gonna wait till I buy it.