Apocalyptica review by Apocalyptica

• Released: May 10, 2005
Apocalyptica: Apocalyptica

At first, the idea of metal songs without electrics seemed impossible to me. The idea of songs like one without the electrics semmed weird. Then, just to see whether it was worth buying, I borrowed the disc from my friend. The first time I heard it, I didn't like it one bit. But then due to my love of experimentation I went on and heard it again. This time I thought it wasn't that bad. And now I think it is decent, it is an album for those who don't mind trying something new.

This album, at least the songs I heard are all instrumental. Thankfully, otherwise if they would have made a mess of it. The whole beauty of this band is that it has the ability to play metal bands like metallica on four cellos!

It doesn't stand a chance against the originals, (obviously), but it is a variation from what one would have expected. As I said, if you don't mind experimenting, then this is an album you go out and buy. On the other hand if you are the kind of rigid metal lover that cannot stand the thought of covering One without lyrics or Kirk's solos then this not the kind of album you should gout and buy this.

Quutamo
    I've heard the album and it IS awesome... my fav songs are Quutamo (duh!) Misconstruction, Fish Eye, En vie, and all aof the other
    greenz
    It's funny that these guys started covering metallica songs just for the **** of it. there songs bittersweet and halls of the mountain king are my favorite pieces. a most notable group whom I hope stays and evolves to create some wicked new sounds.