Roughly Speaking review by April Wine

• Released: Nov 13, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
April Wine: Roughly Speaking

If you are an April Wine fan I do not recommend this CD. It sounds nothing like any of there older stuff this stuff is like strictly blues and that's all, there is like no rock to it at all. When I went to there live concert they played one song on this album and it was the only one that didn't make me think what in the world were these guys thinking when they made this album. The songs are sort of repellent if this was the first time I hear April Wine I would hate them.

The lyrics sound like they were written by some crappy person. The lyrics and the music both go together they both suck. The lyrics in this album were not thought threw for more then half a second. The songs go no where. The thing that goes threw my mind when I hear these lyrics are what was Myles Goodwyn thinking when we made this album if they put out a new worst hits of album this whole CD would be on it. I don't know how such an awesome band could make such a crappy album.

My overall impression of this CD is if you like the older April Wine there stuff like sign of the gypsy queen or even this could be the right one do not buy this album. It sounds nothing like there older stuff. They put about as much thought into this album as I do when I take a crap a five year old that craves attention makes better noises then the stuff I heard on this album I love April Wine they are one of my favorite bands but this album sucked horribly all I have to say is Myles wake up!