The Hits review by April Wine

• Released: May 26, 1998
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
April Wine: The Hits

I think this is an excellent CD. I bought it used for like 2 dollars I was like holy crap! How can they sell such a great album for such a low price I would have paid 50 dollars new. I am a huge April Wine fan the only thing I dislike about them is their album Roughly Speaking. That album was crap don't get me started again go read that review see what it got 1.7 out of 10 that's what that got but back to this album. There are some songs you may not want to listen to on this album because they will make you cry with their face melting solos and soft gentle voices that could bring a puppy back to life.

I think that this album shows the genius side of Myles Goodwyn's writing ability I would compare this to the April Wines Greatest Hits Live 2003 most because it has almost the same songs but that's not the point. The singing is great but not as good as Greatest Hit Live 2003. this album show a side of Myles Goodwyn that you don't see in every album and that compassion and love for the music some artists just make albums for money but not April wine well, maybe Roughly Speaking.

Like I said above I would compare this to Greatest Hits Live 2003 mostly because they have similar songs. Something I just love about this album is how cheap it was and the way that Myles Goodwyn incorporates all of the instruments there's not one that sticks way out more then other they all play as one beautiful instrument that cannot be compared to. is a master piece like no other buy it! You won't be sorry.

MetalManiac_86
    This is one of THE "Greatest" compilations. Grew up on April Wine and always really enjoyed listening to them, and I still do. It's not often you can really give something a full 10 overall for a review and be serious, but this comes VERY close. SOLID rock hit's.
    cowgrls-frmhell
    Great Review, I love April wine, they are by far one of my favorite bands, i just seen them live this year and it was by far one of my favorite live gigs yet, They put on a great show, and their all great guys.