Funeral review by Arcade Fire

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Arcade Fire: Funeral

Arcade Fire has a unique way of finding the instrument that would best fit the song. The song Laika, is completely mesmerizing with the accordion. And the song In the Backseat is amazing, when the guitar comes in and starts thrashing for a few seconds it creates a song that is both heavy and light rock. Appropriate, for it being a song about a dead person (Alice died, in the night). Rebellion (Lies) is absolutely amazing, only Arcade Fire could make one note on a keyboard a solid bassline. The sound is absolutely mesmerizing.

The lyrics would be a poem without the music. They seem ridiculous at first but they hit something inside you, that makes you think that this isn't that bad. The lyrics fit so well with the music, in In The Backseat, when Regine starts singing: Alice died. The guitar coming in right then is amazing. Simple yet it fit the lyrics perfectly. The downside, Win Butler has an annoying and whiny voice, but compared to the lyrics that he's singing, it's nothing.

Funeral, really cannot compare to anything, some songs like Power Out, is a indefinate rock song. Whereas songs such as In The Backseat really cannot be called a rock song at all whatsoever. What are the most impressive songs on the album? They are all, I'm not kidding every song on there 1-10 is absolutely incredible. I love how the lyrics and music fit together seamlessly, how nothing seems overemotional. I think I'd die if it was stolen, but when my grief subsided, I would definately buy another, maybe two. It is absolutely amazing how Arcade Fire suffered so much grief and agony from so many deaths in the family, that they could turn it into such an amazing album.

Hoptimusprime
    Fantastic band, fantastic album! Seriously powerful stuff! Recommend listening at high volume. Every time i listen i pick up on a new hook. I nearly wept the first time i heard in the back seat! Go get it now!