Funeral review by Arcade Fire

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Arcade Fire: Funeral

The sound of this album is really unlike anything I've ever heard. The album has a sound that always brings a smile to my face. The tone ranges from being very folky to being ominous and having furious burst in it. I've also never heard these instruments flowing together and this well orchestrated since Pet Sounds.

I think the lyrics are very solid. I got this strange vibe that Win Butler was switching from an almost child like lyrics to a grandfather like perspective sometimes. I really like the lyrics. The lyrics tell great stories like a good song should do. My favorite songs on this album would probably be Neighborhood #1, #2, #3, Wake Up, and Rebellion Lies. Win does an amazing job as does Regina. Both do their role very well.

My overall impression is that it is definitely an album for the ages. I personally like this album much more than Neon Bible. Because of this album I've moved Arcade Fire to number three on my favorite contemporary bands. Every track is very good and once you start with Neighborhood #1, you won't want to stop til the very end. If I lost this album I would probably either cease to exist or I would just have to go buy another. Either way it would suck to lose this album since I listen to it a lot. Check this one out for sure.