Anthems Of Rebellion review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Arch Enemy: Anthems Of Rebellion

I'm blown away, the Amott's got so incredible sound togather and there double guitar sound specially on end of the line, after hearing a song with them for the first time Mr M. Amott was my favourite I love all of his work from carnage to arch enemy (haven't heard much of carnage, and haven't got in touch with an album of spirtual beggers) the sound overall is kinda a mixture of Iron Maiden and Metallica and you can hear kinda like there is some old chinease melody going on there I swear and its really well done and Gossows vocals I expected some big wrestler and there was a beutiful woman singing and she is better than most man.

Don't think the lyrics are very good after angela started writing them but they are good I think when Michael was the songwriter while John Livii was singing then they were amazing like on Let the killing begin "Sacrifice to the elders of justice" and "Feel the tourment within let the beuty of death sets in" and it all fits with the melody so well (maybe John Livii wrote that dno) but Angelas vocals make up for it and her lyrics fit with the melody and have a message that people get right away.

This album can not be compared to anything its incrediblly unique. End of the line, We will rise and marching on a dead end road the song are very good the message in the lyrics (except for marching instrumental) are good and well wrote. The back voice is good on end of the line and Dehumanization love the effect on that one. What I don't like much is the lyric style on wages of sin and the ones with Angela isn't really good cause it was amazing when Michael wrote most of them they were so complex and deep so the feeling with it was amazing. If I'd lose my Anthems Of Rebellion I would buy it back cause this album is worth buying 10 times.