Anthems Of Rebellion review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Arch Enemy: Anthems Of Rebellion

This is a great metal album. The guitar riffs are just brutal! The solo's are also great. Their song writting skills are very very good. It sounds like they are either playing 7 string guitars or are very low tuned.

The singer Angela Gossow has a pretty good scream. It goes great with the music, but is not my favorite. I am not really into the whole screaming thing but, the music is awsome. Also the lyrics go great with the music. They are very weird and out there. Overall the lyrics are decent, but I wouldn't suggest this to people who can't take the whole constant screaming thing.

All in all, this is a very good album. I just picked it up a few days ago and am all ready very into it. There aren't that many guitar players these days that can do what Chris and Michael Amott can do. My favorite songs so far are Silent Wars, We Will Rise, and Dead Eyes See No Future. I would highly reccomend thid album to any fan of heavy music, or great guitar playing. The Cd also includes a bouns dvd which is also very good. So what are you waiting for, go pcik this CD up!

TooFast
    Pretty good album, "We Will Rise" is my favorite track on this one
    Jezmic
    How the HECK can you listen to this utter garbage? Ok, so the guitars and drums are fairly great, and the band captures a rhythm that's really quite addictive. But sorry the singing is just bullcrap. Actually - did I call it singing? Its not singing. My arse makes this kind of noise. Please tell me the point of listening to monotonous growling that very rarely even changes pitch. She may think she is very clever, and sure her voice is one of a kind, but its just not musical. The band should replace her with a car engine if they want that kind of shizen.