Doomsday Machine review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

Led by brothers Amott (Michael and Christopher), Arch Enemy seems to be on a rise to the top. "Doomsday Machine" marks the sixth release by the band, and the third with singer Angela Gossow. This album is probably the best sounding one I've heard, mixed once again by the great Andy Sneap. The title track, "Nemesis," delivers some very heavy riffs and leads that blend right into them. I would have to say favorite song of the album is "Skeleton Dance." But, I am forgetting some of the more important aspects of the albume. There is a guest lead on the first track, "Taking Back My Soul," which is performed by Gus G, the man that will be filling Christopher Amott's place during the Ozzfest tour.

Angela delivers on this album, growling and screaming her way into your soul. She wrote most of the songs of "Doomsday Machine," and this shows that she is becoming more apart of the band, something that I like. The best lyrical song although, is written by both Angela and Michael, and is intitled, "Mechanic God Creation." Great lyrics.

I don't think this album compares to "Wages Of Sin," but it's a step up from "Anthems Of Rebellion." As I've stated above, this album has some great songs, and the instrumental, "Hybrids Of Stell," shows the brothers Amott's creativity musically. The only thing I didn't like about it was that some of Christopher Amott's solos were a little repetitive. Buy this album, and then write your own review because I'm sure mine sucks.