Doomsday Machine review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

This is a good album for people who thought Arch Enemy's recent albums were too heavy. The singing (yelling) is different and is more distorted than it was in Anthems Of Rebellion and Wages Of The Sin. I think Michael Amott shows his talent much more in this disc and the new guitarist Daniel Svenderrson is pretty good. They also use special sound effects in this disc. Like in the song My Apocalypse, you can hear a submarine sound in the intro.

The lyrics in this album are darker and symbolic. They talk about blood and killing a lot in the lyrics. Angela's voice is lower and distorted in this album, which I think is better than the high screechy voice in their recent albums. I really like the "One for All, All For One" in Nemesis, because it is very rebellious.

This album is nothing like the first albums: Black Earth, Stigmata Or Burning Bridges, nor their more recent albums: Wages Of Sin and Anthems Of Rebellion. It is slower and more instrumental. I like all the songs in this disc alot but my favorites are: Carry The Cross, My Apocalypse, Nemesis, I Am A Legeng/Out For Blood.