Doomsday Machine review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

The sound to this is really heavy, the driving drum beats are crazy. The double bass explosions add to the crazyness, Michael Ammot and chris ammot are both great Guitarists. This band is unique becuase the lead singer is a lady, and all she does throughout the whole CD is growl, which I think she could try some melody, but no, apparently screaming is the thing for her, but the guitars make up for the melody.

The lyrics seem more Rebellious then most other metal bands at this time. Angelina gossow has a great voice for metal, but it does get kind of tireing after a while, pretty much preddictable. This CD would be the best if she actually sang, oh, and by the way, I've heard rumors that Angelina gossow uses technology to "distort" her voice even more. Which I think is a depressing thought, but then again I'm not sure if she is or not. Her vocalist skill gets an 8, if she sang though and not screamed all the time it would probably be a 10.

It doesn't really compare to any other albums, I do agree with somebody that said this that the guitar work is similiar to God forbid. The vocals in my opinnion could be way so much better if she actually sang. My favorite song would probably be Nemesis, love the intro. If I lost it, I would probably not even buy it again, I would rather get an all american head charge or a spineshank CD instead.

JVDumarC
    hey yeah ;P... I made a mistake comparing them, but well as I said when I first listened to the album I thought about Dani's voice, must bcuz of Angela's Nemesis starting scream... don't make a trouble about this little mistake, haha I apologize I recognize made quite a mistake...
    JVDumarC
    God Forbid it's formed by 2 amazing guitarists the Coyle Bro's, I really like God Forbid, but compared with Arch Enemy's Michael Ammot and Chris Ammot skills (mainly Mike Ammot due to Carcass background), the Coyle brothers should lose... but still Coyle bro's are amazing... I really respect them...
    Rize
    The person who gave this review a 3.7 seriously needs to take a few ropes, and hang themself the worst way possible. Talk about an accepted review? That review doesn't hint one bit at this album. Hell, the reviewer doesn't take the time to look up the lyrics! Shreddin 4 Life is right, this big tub of gay didn't even bother to listen to this album. 3.7 seconds aren't the right enough time to listen to this album, dumbass. The Coyle bro's shred some good guitar work, but when it comes to Arch Enemy, The Amott brothers dominate. I can't believe that PoS review was accepted. That's rediculas.
    Stratwizard
    Bleh... about 90% of the reviews are really bad. Don't write a review if you know nothing about metal, Arch Enemy or how to write a decent review (i.e the guy with the God Forbid comments). Nobody wants to hear how you like God Forbid better on an Arch Enemy cd review. And who the hell is Daniel Svendersson? lol
    roythereaper
    Y'think he's a God Forbid fan maybe? Great album. Although the vocals are repetitive at times.
    ewanmac
    This is an AMAZING album, its so amazing to listen to all the crazy inricate, melodic guitar parts. the only way this could be a better arch enemy album if it had "Snowbound" from Wages of Sin somewhere in it. God forbid, compared to Arch Enemy, are boring, generic, Metalcore BAllS. Adding CORE to anything is a bad idea for the most part. However I like Shadows Fall, and Killswitch.