Live Apocalypse [DVD] review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Jul 25, 2006
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Arch Enemy: Live Apocalypse [DVD]

The sound is amazing, unlike anything you've ever heard. The tone of the guitars is far superior than anything I've heard coming out of a recording studio. The drums are loud and rich. The vocals are powerful and raw. This DVD is a must have to any Arch Enemy fan, trust me.

Content — 9
This DVD has some of their best songs, only problem is the main feature was shot before Doomsday Machine although, there is a special feature of a seperate concert that gives you live versions of "Nemesis," "Skeleton Dance" and "My Apocalypse". This DVD has something for everyone (just like the band itself). From crushing riffs to melodic solos, to drum solos and more. It has a short documentary of the band on tour, signing and partying. It also has a mini film of them shooting the "My Apocalypse" music video. I'd recomend this DVD to any Arch Enemy fan. And I'd recomend Arch Enemy to any metal fan.

Production Quality — 10
Like I said the sound is amazing, and the picture is too. Very clear picture with vivid colors and lights. There are a few camera tricks with fade outs and things like that but nothing overdone. The discs themselves are beautiful with red and green pentagrams and, it even comes with a poster! C'mon what more could you ask for?

This DVD impressed me very much. Like I said the only thing I'd change is to have more Doomsday meterial on it. Although the DVD itself is not as entertaining as that of Lamb of Gods "Killedelphia" the concert footage and sound is much better. If it were stolen I would replace it as soon as I had the cash. Arch Enemy is an amazing band and this is an amazing piece of video. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy.