Wages of Sin review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Mar 18, 2002
Arch Enemy: Wages of Sin

The sound in Wages Of Sin is amazing. For you who don't know who Arch Enemy is, they are a death metal band from sweden (with an exception of the singer because she came from Germany). The band is Mike Amott(Lead Guitar and former Carcass guitarist), Christopher Amott (Lead guitarist and also Mike Amott's little brother), Daniel Erlandsson (drums), Sharlee D'Angelo (bass guitar), and Angela Gossow (Lead Vocals). A lot of it is fast and heavy guitar rifts and double bass on the drums. The most amazing part of this album is the guitar solos because they are melodic yet heavy.

I would have to say that in their lyrics, they have fantacy, santanic, and violence in their lyrics. Those kind of lyrics go great with the music, after all, it is a death metal band. If you look in the booklet that comes with the CD case and you look at the lyrics, you will see that lead guitarist Mike Amott writes most of the lyrics. The singer is very talented. She sounds like she is posessed by the Devil. When I first heard her, I thought she was a man until I saw a picture of her(she is cute too). I was surprised. She is the perfect singer for a death metal band.

All the songs in this album is awsome, but if I had to pick, it would be Enemy Within (Track 1), Heart Of Darkness (Track 3), Ravenous (Track 4), Savage Messiah (Track 5), Dead Bury Their Dead (Track 6), and Shadows And Dust (Track 11). What I love about this album is that it has it's own sound, the heavy guitar riffs and solos, and the singer. If I losted this album, I would tear my house apart looking for it or buy another one. This album is definitely worth buying. Well I hope you liked the review and as a Death Metal fan, Arch Enemy is one of my favorites.