Wages Of Sin review by Arch Enemy

• Released: Jan 1, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Arch Enemy: Wages Of Sin

Overall, they have a normal dealth metal sound. Mabey even thrash in some parts, but I wouldn't concider them thrash. Really, they don't have all that much going for them. The first song Enemy Within has a catchy intro after the minute of piano, but kind of goes down hill from there. But still not have bad. If you like anti-Cristian band, there one that knows how to sing anti with just coming out with it. We've seen a couple metal bands now with women as lead singers, and so far I recomend this one over all the others. Not half bad intrumentals, and hard but not annoying vocals, it's not a bad listen if you like the type of music.

As I mentioned before, promonently a anti-Cristian lyric base, but not bailtent about it. In fact, its more twisted religious than anti-Cristian, but still has Cristian ties. Angela Gossow does a good job in the singing area. Its in your face, deep, and growly, not this screming crap like we see so mush of today. At the same time, it still has lyrics that you can think about and get more than what lies on the srface, like what you get with others like Lamb Of God.

If I was walking though a music store devoted to metal, they wouldn't be my first choise. But in the long run, they can play and sing better than some of the more main-stream metat out there today. I like the vocalist's growly voice and the guitar isn't that special, but not stupitly repeative. The whole twisted religous aspect of the lyrics can get a little old, but thats a matter of yout mind. I wouldn't replace the CD right away in case of theft and or loseage, but I would eventually replcae it.

grungehead27
    arch enemy kicks ****in ass for that matter any band out of sweden kicks ass and band out of ****ing scandinavia is amazing.
    Shreddin 4 Life
    You know, for a "grungehead" you sure know how to pick your metal and of course, any band out of Scandanavia kicks ****in' ass. Arch Enemy rules!!!
    Kevin67
    Kiotaka
    You think it's gay cause you can't play it!
    (sic)ness6669
    Kiotaka wrote: Kevin67 wrote: the intro to ravenous is gay, erspecially when the play it in the middle of the song You think it's gay cause you can't play it!
    ya that is probably true dude. its pretty intense. amazing cd.
    The Black Salts
    Mr. Beaster you sound like a rock fan who listened to Arch enemy one day and decided to compare their sound to other metal you deem "screams" too much, which is not a good idea. You don't sound like you know what you're saying and if you don't know enough about music to properly review an album just save us the time and don't make ignorant comments. First of all, saying that Arch Enemy doesn't have a lot going for them in the metal world is like saying Lamb Of God, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Megadeth, and Opeth aren't popular, which is stupid. If you're talking about musicality, you're also wrong. Arch Enemy is one of the few bands in which you can actually admire every musician. The drums are good, the guitars are good, the bass is good, and the singing is good. So what exactly are you saying? Were you sleeping while the album was playing? Then you say the guitars aren't that "special"? Are you kidding? Mike Amott is a great guitarist. What's that? If you ever lost the album you wouldn't replace it but then you would replace it? That doesn't even make any sense, you crack head.