Stalin Forgot People In Sibir review by Arctic Jews

Arctic Jews: Stalin Forgot People In Sibir

The reason I'm publishing this review is because I think that the band: Arctic Jews, which is really famous in Isreal need to cross the line to the western world music. This is a review about the unique sound of the debut album: Stalin Forgot People In Sibir. Why the album is so unique is because the harmony is so delicate, but so strong, at the same time, so complicated but yet simple to listen to, the melody is so unique I don't how to explain it... Really. You can only understand if you listen to it by yourself. Drawing influence Arctic Monkeys, Satan, Metallica, The Mars Volta, Mr. Bungle, The Beatles, Lady Gaga, Pink Floyd, The Apples, Arcade Fire, Big Trees for Sacrafice, Balakn Beat Box, and combining small elements of each band to create the unique sound of Arctic Jews. It's amazing. About the Arctic Jews: Arctic Jews are an English psychodellic art rock band from Qiryat Gat, a suburb of Israel. Formed in 2010, the band currently consists of Michael Yankovic (guitar), Zean Pianski (vocals), Guy Kofman (drums, backing vocals), Guy Cafif (saxophone, backing vocals) Their debut album Stalin Forgot People In Sibir, released in early 2010, became the fastest-selling debut album in Israeli music history, and remains the fastest-selling debut album for a band in the Israel. Since then the band have released two more albums: The Three Del Rios (2010) and Lennin And Trotsky (2010). The band is currently in the studio, recording their fourth album, expected to be released in 2011. Arctic Jews are heralded as one of the first acts to come to the public attention via the Internet (fan-based sites rather than from the band), with commentators suggesting they represented the possibility of a change in the way in which new bands are promoted and marketed.

It talks about the crisis in the middle-east, wich we all worried about today and we hear about it all the time, and the Arctic Jews repesnt exactly, what the solution is. They also talk about other important issues, about planet earth, but mainly they talk about the human person, and the mind. And they have infested me with the bug - Artijewishmania. They don't talk about religous things. They talk about whats really matters in the world. and that's way they are really successful in Israel and I hope they will be in the world. The singer skills are just amazing, he has a touch of Asaf Avidan, Jenis Joppling with the high distorted notes, and he can even reach low enough and as a cello with his notes.

You Need to listen to understand what the Arctic Jews Are really about. You can't compare the arctic Jews to anything eles. The Most impressive songs in the album is Crying Stalin, and Teddy Shuki in my opinion. Heres a download of The debut album: Stalin forgot people in Sibir. Please download and comment on the review and the album and the music. Here is the Facebook page of the band. Here is the Myspace page of the band. Comment My friends!

kunkushin
    Funk Monk
    Andragon
    Reviews aren't there for advertising purposes. If I'm not mistaken, it should be against UG's rules.
    L2112Lif
    It IS against the rules... But honestly, its shit enough that I think its just a complete joke.
    Lolwhat
    First song I found by them was entitled, "Crying Stalin", made me lol pretty hard but if this is the greatest debuting-album in Israel I can see why the Middle East is so messed up.
    huevos
    Yeah, both are awful enough on their own.
    barden1069
    huevos wrote: Funk Monk wrote: You cited Lady Gaga and Metallica together as an influence... I think i'll pass. Yeah, both are awful enough on their own.
    ZING!!!! But yeah, I fell for this for like the first paragraph too and now I feel stupid.
    Led Lennon
    kunkushin wrote: this is the most punk rock music ever, stripped down, raw, no need to show off by doing things like playing guitar and singing well. A must-buy for anyone who loves the sound of a hamster getting sucked down a garbage disposal.
    i lol'd.
    MagicsDevil
    I have to mostly agree with the review, they do make some incredibly beautiful music. Although I do have to say that I don't really think they sounded so much like The Apples, but that's just my opinion, still a good review.
    JD+Thrash=win
    How is it that this piece of propaganda can make it to the front page, yet all of the reviews I submit are instantly rejected!!
    WilliamPoulin
    Jesus has nobody at all realised these are Arctic Monkeys songs? Fake Tales Of SanFransisco Teddy Picker Crying Lightning The View From The Afternoon ? lol
    Betzefer
    I'm from Israel and I have NEVER even heard of this band, this review is a big load of crap and so is the so called "band", my guess would be that it's a way for some ***** to make Israel look bad with this negative publicity as if this is the "no. 1 band in Israel"... stupid ****er.
    EpiExplorer
    guitarsftw wrote: I'll take "The Most Random Band from the Middle East" for 200, Alex.
    I bid 300! Arctic jews, christ..
    EpiExplorer
    Everything about it is hilarious.. even the music, is just hilarious. If you gave me a microphone, it would consist of me wagging my toungue and trying to sing at the same time.
    Anthony1991
    Shame the review sounded quite good :p: Its a shame i did fall for it - i was really expecting something special, especially with the comments of the middle east itself integrated into music that wasnt metal. Oh well, maybe one day :p:
    abbydaddy03
    I shoulda known working on their 4'th album this year. And dude...brush up on your english.
    The Spoon
    Revolutionary. Never since Between the Buried and Me have I listened to a band that made me question what reality really is.
    ~Shred Hero~
    This is clearly a joke. Click the link to their myspace and listen to their two whole songs. UG, I worry about you sometimes... *sigh*
    indiefanman
    Howd this get on the front page? Arctic Jews Crying Stalin Teddy Shuki Pretty obvious...
    MichaelYankovic
    @Betzefer I'm one of the band member and it's just for the lulz you could see that if you looked at the ****ing label. this has nothing to do with the shit israel got into, and it was written and sent to the site before the incident. and Fuck you wer'e from Israel.