Beneath The Boardwalk review by Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys: Beneath The Boardwalk

I've heard this band being described as pop-punk, which is probably right, but the name doesn't quite fit, the bitting slightly distorted chords do sometimes remind you of a cross between the Sex Pistols and Razorlight. Although far better than the latter. I loved this album from the first time I heard it, it sounds like it was recorded in there bedroom but that's the charm about it.

The lyrics are what does it for me, the band from Sheffield really sing about what's going on, the voice is great and can be very powerful. Songs like "Scummy," "Mardey Bum" and "Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" stand out and all could certainly top the charts which doesn't happen often.

There's nothing I dislike about this album, it's a bit different and it's a bit the same but you can't help sing along, a lot of the songs have an anthem like quality about them. If it was lost I would definitely buy it again.

josh.c.pemberto
    Really good to listen to this album and then listen to the newer stuff to hear how they've prgressed....the early stuff will always be king although the new stuff isn't too bad
    slann101
    DamoYoung wrote: will someday be remembered for been one of the greatest album ever!!!!
    probably not. cause lets face it, apart from inspiring a abysmal slur of copycat babnds, it really hasnt made anything new. stereophonics first album (word gets around) dealt with exactely the same matters ten years previously and with much more style (ofcourse, the latter statement is my opinion). so no, i dont think it will be remembered.