Favourite Worst Nightmare review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Apr 23, 2007
Arctic Monkeys: Favourite Worst Nightmare

Ok I'm going to make this review to the point. There was a lot of pressure on the band to carry off another great album off after the first one, but they have managed to do that. They have all improved a lot as musicians which just means that there is so many new things that they have been able to do. The music is fairly simple but extremely catchy and each song pumps out energy!

Alex is a fantastic lyricist writing about real down to earth experiences that everyone goes through and so everyone can relate to what he is singing about. And again his writing has improved so that he can write about more meaningful things which is top class. The lyrics really stick in your head after a few listens.

I loved the first Arctic Monkeys album and I just hoped that this album would be as deadly as the first, and it deffonatley did live up to my expectations. My favourite songs have to be Brianstorm, Teddy Picker, Fluorescent Adolescent, This House is A Circus and Old Yellow Bricks. I just love the riffs, the tight drums, the way the lyrics fit perfectly to the music and the genuis of Alex' writing ability (he did write most of the album) I can honestly say that there's nothing I hate about this album and I would deffonatley buy it again if I lost it!