Favourite Worst Nightmare review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Apr 23, 2007
Arctic Monkeys: Favourite Worst Nightmare

When I first heard of the Arctic Monkeys, I really never thought they'll get anywhere. I thought they were a just another band with only a few good singles, and everything else was just horrible or bad such artists/bands like Dragonforce with their #1 single, "Through The Fire And Flames" or "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf. But then I decided to give a good listen at their debut album, "Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not". I listen to it, didn't like it at first. But gave it one more chance and gave more of a depth listen to the songs. Then I thought "Jesus. This is amazing." They're sound is still as unique as it was. But more serious and bolder. Songs like "Brainstorm" and "This House Is A Circus" are good examples. The change was good and bad. I do miss their catchy "happy" riffs, like from "A Certain Romance" and "Mardy Bum", at times rather than the riffs with distortion and what not. But they are still enjoy-able.

Wow. Alex Tuner's natural voice and wonderful lyrics are an excellent combination together. His voice may change, but in a good way. Like from songs from "Only Ones Who Know" where the singing/lyrics are soothing and romantic, to their single, "Teddy Picker" where Alex Tuner is much serious and louder. But still sounds amazing. All of the lyrics and sound of his voice fit's perfectly with each one of the Arctic Monkeys songs.

Overall, this was a pretty good second album for the Arctic Monkeys. There are certain songs that really stand out and impress me. My favourites so far are "Teddy Picker", "Fluorescent Adolescent", "Only Ones Who Know", and "505". They did change from their debut album, but a change that made them more amazing. And if this album was ever stolen/lost, I would buy a new one right away. I wouldn't be able live without the Arctic Monkeys.