Humbug review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Aug 24, 2009
Arctic Monkeys: Humbug

Humbug is the Arctic Monkeys third full lengh album and they have matured alot from their last album Favourite Worst Nightmare. Humbug had a larger, more full sound then the last album. But it was alot darker and not as energetic as their old albums. They experimented alot with new sounds and they created a great album but not the album anyone would expect from the Arctic Monkeys.

Alex Turner never lets me down. His lyrics are so creative and well thought out that they will catch anyones attention. The way he sings these fantastic lyrics is not as great as he used to be. He has definatly grown up alot from the last album. But he seems to be just talking most of the lyrics like in the song The Jeweller's Hands he sounds like he is just talking the whole song. But never the less Turner makes it work and they created a fantastic album.

Humbug is a great album but it is not nearly as catchy or fun to listen to as Favourite Worst Nightmare. Humbug did have its moments with the songs Dangerous Animals and Pretty Visitors. Those sounded like they could be older Arctic Monkey songs. But I also did love some of the darker songs like My Propeller and Crying Lightning. This album is definatly an album I would listen to alot but not as much as there early albums. But I would recomend this to any Arctic Monkey fan out there. So I give this album a solid 8.

BondedByBlood
    One of my favourite albums of all time if not my favourite and i listen to a lot of shit!! To those who only like the old monkeys i beg you give it one more chance! You won't be dissapointed! And stop saying that alex is a stoner! It's his choice firstly, secondly if he does pot is not a heavy drug and thirdly stephan malkmus of pavement was smoking pot during the 90s and he was making the best music back there! D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S people