Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Jan 23, 2006
Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

The first impression of the arctic monkeys that you hear, and this is apparent in all of their songs, is that they have a very modern sound. I'm not saying they are unique but they are definitely making an impression over here in the UK. I think that most of their influence comes from the 'old skool' bands like the kinks and the hives. Which is awesome because I am a fan of them both.

The lyrics are good. Most of them seem to be about relationships and life in general, which I seem to have made to sound veeeery boring, but its not. They offer a excelent comparison to other bands of this genre and the music suits the lyrics exactly as they should. No non-conformism here!

This is deffinatly one of my favourite albums so far this year. My favourite songs fromt this album are 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and 'when The Sun Goes Down'. I love the sound of the guitars and the mixture of the voice, that some years ago would have been regarded as rubbish. I reminds me of the kings of leon. This is deffintaly an album I would replace if it were lost or stolen or something. You need this album!

Biggs
    69.so.fine wrote: "if not THE biggest band of 2006. Their debut album has all ready sold over 360000 copies, making it the fastest selling debut ever." Yeah, right. 360,000 isn't a lot, and they certainly aren't the fastest selling. Get your facts straight.
    Erm...it was the fastest selling debut album ever... Great album.
    69.so.fine
    Dave_young
    omg how the F**K can u say they r overrated?!?!?! i am a huge oasis fan but this by far eclipses definitely maybe in terms of sound and the lyrics are genius. AWESOME!!!!!