Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Jan 23, 2006
Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

The Arctic Monkeys have an incredibly fresh sound. The driving beats and incredible guitar riffs contribute to an overall sound that is incredible. From the get go with 'View From The Evening' with its manic guitar and faced paced vocals delivers a sound that keeps you hooked from first song to the last, well almost last. As the album continues, the crazy guitar and driving bass lines seem to cease. You end up around the ninth track wondering why the album slowed down so much. This is a great album with an incredible few first songs, if the Arctic Monkeys could have carried the same energy througout, they would have a truly remarkable album on their hands.

The lyrics are very well thought out. The only problem with the lyrics is that sometime you can't understand them because of all the music in the background. The lyrics really deserve to be heard, and if you manage to pick them out, you will find out how great they are.

For the Arctic Monkeys debut album this is incredible. They released an incredible alternative work of art. It has grown to be the largest selling debut album in the UK, so that speaks for itself. if you have any doubts about buying this album, abandon them. Pick up 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not', you'll love it, a definite buy.

chillie pepper
    The Arctic Monkeys do rule, there is no denying that, but why are all the reviews right up their arses. Great album, but not that good. Come on, "Perhaps Vampires is a Bit Strong But..." is just crap. All the other song kik ass