Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not review by Arctic Monkeys

• Released: Jan 23, 2006
Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Finally a good record. Something fresh. The british lads called Arctic Monkeys have created a lot of hype this year, well they live up to it as well. All the songs on this album are simply great, each being potential singles. Nice riffs, even though simple, everything sounds great. They combine the sound from garage rock to punk to ska to rock n roll to brit rock, all of 'em combined. Undoubtebly one of the best releases of 2006. Surely they're gonna be one of the biggest bands around.

This is the highlight of this album. Alex Turner is a genius. All the songs have lyrics that can be related to and they tell stories of what is happening in the world, not the political shit though, just fun stories. The basslines are awesome and the vocals and the accent are jus the icing on the top.

I've found nothing comparing to the monkeys. I don't know why people try to compare them to earlier OASIS..they'r nothin like it. Take my advice and just buy this album. it's way better than 90% of the shit that's released these days..all the tiring modern rock shit, this album is a breath of fresh air. 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor', 'Mardy Bum', 'Riot Van', 'Fake Tales Of San Fransisco', 'A Certain Romance' are my favs. If this album gets lost a million times. I'd buy it a million times or maybe buy it once, and get a great security system. Well just buy it folks!